Chapter 11: Adorn

Hey fanfictioners! I’m back and I have the title of my new Fanfiction! It’s called Forgotten Love. Squee!!! Ok, enough with the fangirling. On with the story!

DISCLAIMER: I DON’T OWN ANYTHING FROM PJO/HOO OR ANY SONG LYRICS USED BELOW!

Song choice: Adorn by Miguel

Leo’s POV

Oh Gods. I am so nervous I sweated through 2 shirts already. Today is Reyna’s birthday and Percy, Frank, and Luke were helping me with the setup of things. They helped me try to make this night one Reyna will never forget. I had no idea at first, me being the numskull that I am decided to mess around and make a joke to her saying I was too busy with something else to get her a gift. I knew that if I went with that I would be dead. I just hope this plan is better.

These lips can’t wait to taste your skin baby, no, no

And these eyes, yeah, can’t wait to see your grin, ooh ooh baby

Just let my love

Just let my love adorn you

Please baby, yeah

You gotta know

You gotta know

You know that I adore you

Yeah baby

The night before Reyna’s birthday, the guys helped me on a final run-through of how things were supposed to go. “Now, you understand that tomorrow is the plan of a scavenger hunt, so you can’t have ANY contact with Reyna until we say so, ok?” Percy explained. I nodded my head. “If she kills me, it’s on you people.” I stated. They nodded their heads annoyingly. “Now, we ordered the cake & flowers and we got the concert tickets ready for tomorrow. Annabeth and Piper set up the dining pavilion. So everything is in order. Now, I know you wanted to buy her jewelry again, but honestly, I feel like you bought her everything she could possibly want.” Frank said. Then my brain had an idea. “What if I make her a ring instead of buying one?? Actually, I would need to buy a centerpiece gem so I wouldn’t really need to buy the actual ring.” I suggested. “Well what gem would it be?” Percy asked. “Well, in my opinion, you shouldn’t get purple just because she has enough purple in her closet anyway. Plus the necklace you gave her had a purple gem in it too.” Luke pointed out. “How about a black diamond? It kinda represents one of my favorite things about her: her eyes.” I asked. Everyone agreed. Tomorrow would be very stressful and tiring, but it’s worth it for Reyna.

Baby these fists will always protect ya, lady

And this mind, oh will never neglect you, yeah, baby, oh baby

And if they try to break us down don’t let that affect us, no baby

You gotta let my love

Let my love

Let my love adorn you

Ah, le-le-le-let it dress you down

The next day I got a text from Reyna:

Good morning J

I wanted to answer but Frank said not to because knowing the type of person I am, I would just spill everything that was supposed to happen. I paced back and forth through my workshop, waiting for the gem to arrive. Just then, my phone buzzed again:

Leo? R U there?

Well, I guess I’ll see you at sparing practice today. L