eight.

Trigger Warning: panic attack

A/N: thank you to AltoPentaholic for this idea! x

****

If you asked Mitch how is first week in a relationship with Scott was going, he'd say pretty great.

Mitch has always been more happy since living with Scott, but now he couldn't stop smiling. His mood has changed drastically since they started dating. Of course, he's still very shy but he's definitely better. He doesn't trust Scott one hundred percent yet but he's getting there. Mitch knows Scott would never hurt him like his father did but he went through a lot so of course Mitch has trust issues.

Now, Mitch is at a coffee shop. Scott doesn't know he's here. It's the weekend so Scott pretty much allows Mitch to do what he wants as long as it doesn't involve parties and drugs.

Travis called Mitch, again, and he said he wanted to talk. Just talk. Mitch had been hesitant, because Travis hurt him. He truly did. But, Mitch was also curious about what Travis had to say.

"You came,"

Mitch looks over and stands up when he sees Travis. "Why did you want to meet me?" He asks.

"I wanted to- um, let's sit down?" Travis suggests.

Mitch nods and lets Travis sit down first before sitting next to him in the booth.

"I wanted to apologize," Travis says. "For the way I treated you."

"You treated me badly more than once," Mitch points out.

"I know, and I don't know why. I really liked you," Travis says before letting out a sigh.

"It's because I didn't want to have sex with you and then broke up with you," Mitch frowns. "Why did you start that rumor that I cheated on you when you know for a fact that I didn't cheat."

"I don't know!" Travis exclaims. "I was angry and frustrated."

"I already have a shit life at school and you made it somehow even worse by starting that rumor, and now you're trying to start rumors about me and Mr. Hoying," Mitch snaps.

"Okay, can you blame me? You two are freakishly close," Travis says.

"Because we live together!" Mitch yells quietly. "He's practically my caretaker. He's the only one who's cared for me since my mom died. You can't take that away from me." His eyes begin to water up.

"Okay, I'm sorry. I didn't know. I'll tell people at school to chill out," Travis says softly.

"Th-Thank you," Mitch takes a deep breath. "Sorry for yelling."

"No worries. I deserved it," Travis says. "So... I apologize for how I treated you. It wasn't fair of me to try and force you to sleep with me when you weren't ready. Can you give me another chance?"

"What?" Mitch asks, blinking a few times as he stares at Travis.

"I promise I'll do better. I know I can do better-"

"Travis, you're a bad boy. Scott was right about you. You don't care about who you date. You were literally with Jake the day after I broke up with you," Mitch says, letting out a sigh.

"So? I move on faster than most people," Travis argues. "I'll break up with him..."

"Travis, I..." Mitch shakes his head. Why did Travis have to do this to him when he's with Scott now?"

"Come on, baby," Travis whispers as he snakes his arm around Mitch, pulling him closer.

"Travis, I can't be with you..." Mitch frowns. "Even if I wanted to which I don't."

"I can change," Travis pleas. "I won't be a troublemaker and I'll stop the whole bad boy act."

"It's not about how you act. I really can't be with you, okay?" Mitch sighs. He starts to look away but Travis grabs his chin and pulls him closer, then kisses him. Mitch gasps and immediately pushes Travis away. "What the hell are you doing?" His eyes widen.

"Give me another chance," Travis whispers as he tries to kiss him again.

"Travis, no!" Mitch yells as he shoves Travis away. He quickly stands up from the booth. "You can't just go and kiss people without their consent! You really don't care about people's feelings!" Mitch turns around and runs out of the coffee shop. Mitch runs home as fast as his legs could take him.

Mitch slams the door shut and closes his eyes as he leans against the door.

Did Mitch cheat on Scott? He didn't kiss Travis back but Travis still kissed him.

It's only been a week and Mitch has already screwed their relationship up. It was going so well.

Valentine's Day is just a two weeks away. They probably weren't even going to make it until then.

"Mitch?"

Mitch jumps at the sudden voice. He looks up and his eyes widen when he sees Scott standing there. He couldn't even think about how adorable Scott looked in his apron because he feels so guilty.

"Mitch, what's wrong?" Scott asks as he takes off his apron and walks over to him.

Mitch backs himself into a corner, trying to get away from Scott.

Scott's going to be so mad at him. He's probably going to punish him. Mitch doesn't want to be punished.

"Mitch," Scott frowns. "What happened? Where did you go?"

Mitch sobs and slowly falls down to the floor. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Please don't hurt me! I didn't mean to!" He cries as tears begin pouring out of his eyes.

"What?" Scott's eyes widen. "I would never ever hurt you, Mitch."

"Please, don't hurt me! Travis did it! I didn't want it, please!" Mitch begs.

Anger immediately flows through his body but not because of Mitch. Because of Travis.

Scott bends down and Mitch covers his face, preparing himself for the hit. But nothing comes.

Scott wraps his arms around Mitch and picks him up, lifting him off the floor and carrying him upstairs to his bedroom. It breaks his heart that Mitch is still scared of getting hurt because of his father. Scott would never hurt Mitch that way. He loves and cares about the boy too much to do something like that.

Mitch opens his eyes and look around, and he realizes that he's now in his bedroom, on his bed. "Scott?"

"I'm right here," In seconds, Scott is sitting in front of Mitch. "It's okay. You're okay. You're safe."

Mitch's lips begin to tremble. "Y-You're not going to p-punish me?"

"No, silly boy. I promise, I swear on everything I have... that you will never get punished in this house," Scott says softly. He reaches over and gently grabs Mitch's hand, ignoring Mitch's flinch.

"B-But Travis kissed me and I-I-"

"What?" Scott asks, immediately looking over at Mitch. "He did what?"

Mitch jumps at Scott's raised voice and he starts shaking. "H-He kissed me," he whimpers.

"Did you kiss him back?" Scott asks. "Mitchell, did you kiss him back?"

"N-No S-Sir," Mitch sniffs. "I-I p-pushed him away as s-soon as he did. I'm sorry!" He sobs.

"God damnit!" Scott stands up and clenches his fists, wanting to punch something. He's so angry with Travis and he wishes he could do something but what could he do? Scott paces around the room for a few moments before he sits back down on the bed. "I'm sorry. I'm not angry with you."

"B-But why?" Mitch asks, frowning. "I cheated on you."

"No you didn't," Scott says calmly. He takes a deep breath. "Travis forced himself upon you for a second time. I believe you when you say that you didn't kiss him back. I'm sorry Mitch. I'm supposed to be protecting you and you keep getting hurt. I don't know what else I'm supposed to do."

Mitch sits there, stunned. He doesn't know what to do and he just feels guilty.