Ika-Tatlumpu't Isang Kabanata

Looking at it now
It all seems so simple
We were lying on your couch
I remember

You took a Polaroid of us
Then discovered
The rest of the world is back and white
But we were in screaming colors
And I remeber thinking

Are we out of the woods yet?
Are we out of the woods?
Are we in the clear yet?
In the clear yet? Good.

Are we out of the woods yet?
Are we out of the woods?
Are we in the clear yet?
In the clear yet? Good.

Looking at it now
Last December
We were built to fall apart
Then fall back together
Your necklace hanging from my neck
That night we couldn't quite forget
When we decided
To move the furniture so we could dance.
Baby like we stood a chance
Two paper airplanes
Flying flying flying
And I remember thinking

Are we out of the woods yet?
Are we out of the woods?
Are we in the clear yet?
In the clear yet? Good.

Remember when you hit the breaks to soon?
Twenty stitches in the hospital room
When you started crying, baby I did too.
But when the sun came up I was looking at you

Remember when I couldn't take the heat?
I walked out and said "I'm setting you free."
But the monsters turned out to be just trees
And when the sun came up
You were looking at me
I remember, oh, I remember

Are we out of the woods yet?
Are we out of the woods?
Are we in the clear yet?
In the clear yet? Good.

They all gave me a round of applause.

"Nice job, Ayez!" Salubong saakin ni Anne pagkababa ko. Siya ang may-ari ng restaurant na kinakantahan ko ngayon.

Its been a week mula nang lumipad ako papunta dito sa USA. Alam ng parents ni Terrence na umalis ako dahil nga nasa kanila si Ace. Hindi sila nagalit, they even said it was fine for them para parehas kaming hindi mahirapan ni Terrence.

Ailee is calling me everyday. Mula nang makarating ako dito, araw-araw siyang tumatawag. My life is back to normal. Eto lang ang nadagdag. I'm still working at the firm, at eto. Nahing hobby ko ang pagkanta so I decided to make it a job.

Its been just a week pero sobrang dami nang nangyari sa buhay ko. I drown myself to work everyday para hindi ko siya isipin. Pero time to time, naiisip ko parin siya. How is he doing? Is he fine? Do he even miss me? Kasi ako miss na miss ko na siya. And all I can do is stare at our pictures and cry.

"I'm going home." Paaalam ko.

"Alright. Bye!" Sigaw ni Anne mula sa kusina. I just waved. Pagdating ko sa bahay, nandoon si Ace at naglalaro. When he saw me, he stood up and hugged me.

"Mommy!" He shouted. I happily hugged him back. I broke the hug and kneeled to stare at Ace.

"Ang gwapo naman ng baby ko." Sabi ko. He smiled at me.

I'm going to have a maternity leave soon. My tummy is getting bigger and bigger. Buti nalang pinasakay pa ako ng airplane, though I know that's forbidden.

"Mommy, tell me a story." Sabi ni Ace. Nakahiga na kami ngayon sa kama niya at pinapatulog ko siya.

"A story? Okay then. Once upon a time, there lived this beautiful girl in a lost village. She was doing just fine. She's studying well, and she is a good daughter. But one day, the beautiful girl met a boy. They became friends and eventually ended up being lovers. But the beautiful girl didn't know that the boy was a prince. So when she knew, she was so afraid, but she decided to just stay by the prince's side. The girl married the prince. But then, one day, a princees from a far away land, told the girl to leave the prince. She said the girl would only harm the prince. And the girl didn't want that so she went away. Together with her son who is in her womb. They went away as far as they could. Years had passed and the girl an the prince, met again. Their family was reunited again but it was only temporary because the girl, had to leave again."

"Then?"

"I don't know for now sweetie. Matulog ka na." I said as I kissed his forehead. Then I went out of his room.

"Then the girl can't comeback to the prince anymore." I said as tears started to flow again.

I went to my own room and shut my eyes. What a tiring life, I am living. Sobrang push and pull ko. Whenever I am sure about something, fate do something to split me and that thing apart. What have I ever done to deserve this? Bakit sobrang hirap maging masaya? That's the only thing I ask pero bakit parang sobrang hirap? Why does it feels like hindi ko deserve maging masaya?

"Terrence..."

I miss you so much.

Si Terrence lang ang gusto ko. And I'm sure of it. Magmahal man siya ng iba, mananatili akong kaniya. I'm inlove with him and nothing will ever change. I'm for him only.

Naputol ang pag-iisip ko ng magring ang phone ko.

"Ailee?"

"Terrence's memory is back!"