Chapter 4: a promise

*Recap* ok so Ali tried to commit suicide after being ditched by her best friend. She cut her vein open and Harry came in and found her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nurse: we need to stitch her wrist quickly. Keep pressure on it to control the bleeding.

Doctor: how much blood has she lost.

Nurse: I don't know, she will probably need a blood transfusion.

Doctor: Ok, but get her to a room and I'll stitch her wrist up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry's POV

Why would she try to kill herself? I thought to myself. I know I haven't seen her since we left on our tour, but when we came back and I saw her she seemed ok. She didn't seem like she had any problems. Sure she came in crying earlier today, but I thought she might have just had a bad day. How could I have been so stupid? I asked Zayn. All I saw was the big bright fake smile that she had on. This is all my fault. It's not your fault Harry. Zayn said. If anything it's mine, I'm her brother and I didn't even know she would do this, none of us saw this coming. Zayn continued trying to make me feel better.

Zayn's POV

This isn't Harry's fault. This is only my fault, I am her brother after all, I should have known that us leaving would have affected her. I just chose to believe that she would be fine. I just wanted to take this huge opportunity and I just left her. GOD I am so selfish.

The nurse finally comes out with the news.

Who is here for a Ali Malik? The nurse asks.

We are. We all say in unison.

Ali is alive and on life support right now but she need a blood transfusion as soon as possible. The nurse said.

Do you have any donors? Zayn asks.

No. The nurse responds

Maybe one of us is her blood type. Harry quickly says. We can all be tested.

Ok. Everyone agrees.

The nurse takes us to a room where we can have our blood tested.

First they test Zayn, then Louis, then Liam, then Niall, then lastly Harry.

Half an hour later the results come back.

Only one of you matches Ali's blood type, and that is Mr. Styles. The nurse says. Do you want to give her the blood she needs Mr. Styles? She asks.

Yes. I say. I'm ready.

Ok, come with me and you can donate. The nurse says.

Fifteen minutes later Harry comes out.

Did you get the blood taken. Zayn asks.

Yes, they are giving her the blood right now. She's gonna live!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ali's POV

Oh my god. Where am I? I sit up to see Harry, Zayn, Louis, Liam, and Niall in my room.

Still not fully aware of where I am I ask Where I am? Your in the hospital. I hear Harry say. I'm so glad you're alive! Harry says as he.rushes up to hug me. Then Zayn follows. I tried suicide for a reason, I shouldn't be alive. I think to myself.

I'm hungry. Louis says. Me too. Liam says. So am I. Why don't we go get something to eat. Niall said. Zayn and Harry you wanna come too? Sure. Zayn said. No thanks I need to talk to Ali alone anyway. Ok we'll bring you and Ali something to eat. Niall says. I'm kinda glad Harry's the one who's going to stay with me, I do have a crush on him anyway.

Harry's POV

Ali why did you try to kill yourself. I-I- I don't know. She replied. I think you do know, don't be afraid to tell me, I'll keep it a secret if you want. I said. Fine, after Zayn left and you guys became a band it changed the family,my parents started hating me for no reason, then I started getting bullied at school, then I started cutting. Then you went world famous and all the directioners started hating on me. I got verbally abused at school. Then the directioners were sending me hate messages on twitter, my "friends" posted mean statuses about me on Facebook, and I got hate accounts on Instagram. She explained. The last straw was when at school my best friend ditched me for no reason. I'm a FUCK UP I deserve to be dead. She said. No you don't you are the most beautiful girl in the world and I've met a lot of girls. I said as I hugged her. Thanks Harry. She said.

Your welcome Ali. Promise me you will try to recover and that you will never try to commit suicide again. I said.

Fine, I promise. She said.