Chapter One

Chapter One

Another drop of blood, another scar. Max slides the blade across his wrist, wincing at the pain. But, he knows that he deserves it.

Every time he thinks about her, he slits his wrist. Whether it's with his nails, or with a blade. What he feels is wrong. It's frowned upon, considered disgusting.

But he can't help it. Love is love, but he doesn't realize it. So he cuts, trying to rid himself of those feelings. Because he's not supposed to feel them. He can't be in love with his sister.

But he is.

Phoebe's POV

"Pheebs, tell the kids that dinner's ready, will you?" Nora asks me. Of course, I have to be the one to tell them.

"Mom, Dad, Billy, Max, dinner's ready!" I yell. Everyone comes to the dinner table, except Max. He must not have heard me. I'll just go and get him.

I walk down into Max's lair to find Max... Oh God, no.

"Max, no!" I shout, using my telekinesis to throw the blade out of his hand. I run over to him and grab his wrists. "What have you been doing to yourself?" I whisper. He has more scars than I can count, which is NOT good.

"I-I.." Max stutters. Wow, I've never seen Max so..Vulnerable. He looks broken, helpless. What happened to m brother?

I sit down beside him and grab a rag from a nearby table. I wrap it around his wrist and squeeze tightly, trying to stop the blood flow.

"Why are you doing this to yourself, Max?" I ask him, looking him in his eyes. He looks down guilty.

"Because." He states simply.

"Because what?"

"Because." Max repeats.

"Max, now is not the time to be stubborn. I love you, and I don't like seeing you like this. If you tell me why this happened, why you're doing this, I can help you. I want to help you," I tell him, taking off the rag and wrapping his cuts in gauze.

"Phoebe, that's the point! You can't help me, and I can't tell you why I do this!" He exclaims, a stray tear sliding down his face. Max wipes it away angrily. He's really broken.

But I'm going to fix him.