Eighteen

Huff, Haeyoung patted the orange-dark-brown checkered skirt of her summer uniform and looked in the mirror. It's been three months since she last went to school. Her therapy sessions were really important for her to become a stable teenage girl again.

Spring was slowly coming through and Donghyuck had texted her yesterday that they had to start wearing their Summer Uniform starting next Monday.Haeyoung sighed and fixed her bangs before taking her backpack and walking out of her room.

Jaehyun shyly smiled at his sister when she left her room. "Summer uniform?" The college student asked and Haeyoung nodded walking by Jaehyun to the kitchen where their father was cooking breakfast. "Good Morning!" Mr Jung greeted them and gave Haeyoung her medicine and a glass of water. Haeyoung sighed and took her anti-depressant with a big gulp of water. 

"Donghyuck already promised to stay by your side all day long, Haeyoung." Mr Jung said and Haeyoung nodded. "It feels like I am a transfer student while I am only coming back to school after a three-month-long break. Appa what if they judge me?" Haeyoung asked in panic and Mr Jung shook his head. "They won't. I promise." Mr Jung said and he was right.

When Haeyoung entered the classroom, no one looked at her different than before. There were also some classmates that asked about her condition and if she was better. Haeyoung was confused about the attention but still answered politely.

"Haeyoung-ah!" Donghyuck screamed from the other side of the classroom and ran towards his cousin embracing her in a tight hug. He was also wearing his summer uniform and looked good in the checkered pants, the white button down and the orange wool cardigan. He smiled at Haeyoung and cupped her cheeks.

"It's so good to have you back!" He said happily and hugged her once more while the other classmate laughed at them. Haeyoung giggled and shook Donghyuck off her. "Donghyuck you're embarrassing me." She blushed and looked at her chair. "I'm back." She said to herself and sat down on her table.

Donghyuck patted Haeyoung's hair before walking back to his own chair, giving Oh Bongcha evil eyes, who was sitting in her usual chair next to Lee Jeno. Bongcha looked at her hands before glancing over to Haeyoung who was preparing her Maths stuff.

"And then he said 'I don't eat onions'!" Renjun chuckled and hit Jaemin's arm when they entered the classroom but he immediately stopped laughing as soon as he saw the brunette girl sitting at her desk and doodling a SHINee member in her notebook. Renjun glanced over to Jaemin who was frozen in his step. 

Jaemin's bag was dangling lazily off his shoulder and his eyes were only looking at Haeyoung. He couldn't believe she was back! He smiled and walked over to the girl he liked. "Hello, Haeyoung-ah. You're back!" He smiled and blushed when Haeyoung looked up and smiled at him. She had never smiled at him just once. This was the first time she lifted up the corners of her mouth in his presence.

"Good Morning, Jaemin-ah!" She quickly stuttered and felt her hands getting sweaty. Only this morning she had discussed with Jaehyun how she should apologise to Jaemin and now that he was standing in front of her Haeyoung was getting a blackout.

"Could we speak for a second?" She asked already standing up already. Jaemin widened his eyes. "Eh, sure. Let me just put my bag away!" He quickly rushed to his chair and set the bag there before giving Renjun a look that said 'S.O.S'. Renjun only grinned before Jaemin walked over to Haeyoung who was already walking out of the classroom.

Haeyoung leant at the wall when Jaemin walked over to her. He watched her take a deep breath before looking up and opening her mouth. But before Haeyoung could even say one thing Jaemin blurted, "Haewoo got expelled!"

Haeyoung cocked an eyebrow. "She got expelled?" She asked and Jaemin nodded. "It was after Mr Seo came into our classroom and forced the culprit to confess. I swear he already knew it was Haewoo. Our class was a mess after he left. Haewoo and her friends ran after him and a week later we got the notice on our blackboard that said that Park Haewoo got expelled and Go Inhye and Lee Dasom were suspended for two weeks." Jaemin explained and Haeyoung nodded.

"I am sorry that she made your life miserable, Haeyoung-ah," Jaemin said and Haeyoung shook her head. "Oh please don't be sorry. I actually wanted to apologise for pushing you away so often." She said and looked at her hands. "I pushed you away because I was scared of Haewoo." 

Jaemin smiled. "I understand. But I never gave up, didn't I?" He asked with a laugh and Haeyoung chuckled which made Jaemin blush. Haeyoung took a deep breath. "Jaemin I apologise for treating you like that," Haeyoung said and Jaemin took a step back, looking at Haeyoung.

"I would love to accept your apology," he started and Haeyoung's smile faded. "Eh, what?" She asked and crossed her arms. Jaemin smiled sassily. "You know it would be just too easy to let you off the hook just like that. After all, I broke my arm because of you." He said and Haeyoung blew up his cheeks.

"That wasn't my fault!" She gave her comment. "If Haewoo wasn't so jealous and wouldn't have pushed me down the stairs I would've never land on you!" She sassed and Jaemin gulped. She sounded just like Donghyuck once again. Those similarities were surely going to be dangerous one day.

"Okay, okay. Sorry!" Jaemin said and scratched his neck. "But I do only accept your apology under one condition." Jaemin tried again, this time without joking as Haeyoung could turn from cute into sassy in 0,001 seconds.

"What is it?" Haeyoung asked, already annoyed. She couldn't even remember why she had apologised. If this was Jaemin's true self she didn't want to spend a lot of time with him. He was annoying her.

"Go on a date with me."