~2~

Avare landed in an alleyway and changed out of her uniform. As she walked out, she was everyday Kennedy Black. She rounded a corner and ran away from the debris she left for the heroes to clean up.

Recently, her twin brother Allen let her stay at his apartment so that's where she decided to go. She unlocked the door and was greeted by her Australian Shepherd. The complex wasn't anything extravagant but it was large enough that she was stuck with his roommate, who she had heard many stories about. They were in the perspective of his best friend, so he seemed like a saint. Allen was so wrong.

The two of them have never met each other until Allen decided to go to college abroad. Which, you see, was code for going on an important mission. She and her brother were both supervillains and when put together, they were the best.

"Um, James?" she said, looking for him as she scooped her dog into her arms.

"Y-Yeah?" he responded from his room sounding breathless.

"Nothing!" Kennedy covered her eyes and scurried to her room.

"You are the complete opposite of Allen," James Barnes, her new roommate, walked into her room. "Shy, sweet, innocent."

"Why are you bleeding?" she pointed to his scuffed up cheek which had a small trail of red running down.

"This? Heh, you should've seen the other guy, sweetheart," he leaned on her door way as she typed on her computer. The Australian Shepherd, Jishwa, growled at him.

"Why don't you leave, sweetheart?" she said, not missing a beat.

"Maybe you aren't that different from your brother, swe-" he smirked.

"Don't call me that. Leave," Kennedy cut him off.

He raised his hands in defeat and left the room. James was an infamous playboy. There was always a new girl that thought that she could be the one to change his ways. But that girl usually ended up running out of the apartment crying a few days afterwards. It was the same routine each time. Just like how the rain fell. How the seasons past. How people are born and how people die.

As of right now, he was sitting on the couch watching a horror movie with his current fling. It was about eleven pm so the girl was probably trying to get lucky with the boy. Not on Kennedy's watch. It was not the night that she wanted the room across from hers to sound like a haunted house. She put up her hoodie to her black jacket and tried to slink past the back of the couch without going noticed. The fridge, her target, was in sight and she reached up to get the handle. James was saying something to the poor girl who was sitting in the dark and clinging to him.

The white haired girl feebly opened up the fridge and began rummaging through it like some beast. A very quiet beast.

Apparently not quiet enough because the girl from the couch snapped around and screeched.

"Who's that girl?!" she sounded like a parakeet. A really annoying one. Not like those really chill ones who pick on those people you don't like.

"Calm down! I'm just his roommate," she dropped the carton of chocolate milk that took a whole minute for her to jam into her mouth. "Um, you two continue. I'll just be in Allen's room."

Kennedy scurried away, the chocolate milk in her hand and a bag of chips in the other.

"Pfft, how pathetic," the girl scoffed into James's side.

"Yeah, okay. I'm the pathetic one. Running to a playboy," the white haired girl shook her head and shut the door to her brother's room.

"What?!" the other girl screeched again.