~4~

"Kennedy?" James asked as he walked out of his bedroom and opened the door to her room.

"Yeah," she waved him off and looked at her computer screen. Her white hair was sticking out and staticy. There were bags under her eyes that could carry their groceries from Kroger to their apartment [roughly 18 miles].

"Hey, have you been awake all night?" he asked, genuine concern shown in his eyes.

"No," she shook her head. "I slept for like an hour."

"You'd best get some shut eye," he said.

"You don't," she yawned. "Tell me what to do." Kennedy's voice became quieter as she fell asleep. "You gorgeous, delicious, unicorn you." Her eyes shut and Jishwa began to lick her hand which rested on the mousepad.

James scoffed and walked out into the kitchen. "I already know I'm gorgeous. No need to tell me again."

Kennedy laid passed out on the bed. James was in the kitchen with Jishwa following him. The man sympathetically smiled and poured the dog a bowl a food and a bowl of water.

The white haired girl sunk into the bed. She pressed her eyes tighter together and a tear slipped out. Suddenly she began to scream and thrash. James perked up when Jishwa did and ran to her room. As soon as it was there, it was gone. She was silent and there was nothing else that made a noise in the apartment except for the occasional sneeze of Jishwa [he had a cold]. James heard this and let out a breath of relief that it was over.

The man sat on the couch, a bowl of Cookie Crisps in his lap. The first thing he saw on the news channel was himself jumping across roofs as he chased Avare and the Crimson Avenger. He closely inspected their movements and thought of who it could possibly be. There were too many girls that he saw throughout a day so it was hard for him to pinpoint just one. He critiqued his own movements which were sloppy and slow. His line of vision was shifted to the two girls, at least he believed they were girls.

The Crimson Avenger's movements were skilled but still needed a bit of work done to them. It was odd because her movements were swift but if they were carefully dissected, James could see the flaws. As he looked at Avare, the screen changed and showed the face of a man who was being evicted from his apartment for hoarding or whatever.

He got up and opened his laptop and searched for pictures of Avare in Sparkston. The man clicked on a video and saw himself once more. The girl's giggles echoed in his head as he watched video after video. The couch began to sink as if to sigh that he wasn't planning on moving. The refrigerator groaned as it made ice. Something in Kennedy's room crashed to the floor with a resounding noise.

Before it even hit the floor, Jishwa had already perked up and trotted urgently to the girl's room. The door was shut so he was incapable of burst through it. Jishwa was adopted as a very young puppy and he was raised with and by Kennedy and her family. Allen took his little sister to the puppy farm for her birthday. A farm is different from a mill for many reasons. A few reasons. In a mill, mothers are forced to have children and are immediately given away. As opposed to a farm where the puppies are still given away but it's at the age where they're able to be given to another who isn't their mother.

Anyways, Jishwa was a weak little runt that was rejected by his mother. He had crawled from the porch to Kennedy which was a long way. He was her birthday gift after looking for the perfect support dog.

He hadn't been trained but he slowly got into the swing of things in between playing and working on duty.

Jishwa loved each of Kennedy's family members but his favorite was Kennedy. He couldn't live without her. Literally. He was going to be euthanized because of his uselessness to his animal family.