~5/6~

"I really had a lovely evening," James's date batted her eyelashes and looked up innocently.

"Same, do you wanna come in?" he flirtatiously suggested and opened the door for her.

"I'd love to," she smiled. The girl he was with gave him a feeling that he didn't know how to express.

~~~

The fun thing about Allen was that he had no clue as to what discreet meant. If you asked him to spy on someone, he would put on a fake mustache and breathe down that person's neck. Either he was too little or extremely extra. That's what made his power hilariously ironic. He was a shapeshifter.

When they were still chatting about Ariadchne and Project Heracles theories, they heard James and his date. The two of them panicked.

"Change into someone else!" she whispered.

"Sure, okay, but who?!" he responded.

"I dunno, one of my friends!" she snapped and heard the pairs of footsteps gradually getting closer.

"But you don't have any friends!" Allen fell back on the bed.

"I hate you," Kennedy glared at her brother. He cheekily smiled. "Okay, you know what? Turn into what you think you would look like if you were a girl."

"Then I'd be you!" he frustratedly pointed out.

"Be your girlfriend," her brother shrugged and his skin began to morph. "Ugh, I will never get used to that."

"You like?" he laughed.

"Sorry, I don't fly on that side of the pitch," she laughed. Allen let out a 'hmph' as his new chestnut hair framed his pale face. The gold eyes he had were accompanied by long natural eyelashes that could batt up a storm. He let out a masculine giggle, stopped halfway through and raised the pitch of his voice.

"Wow," he coughed again.

"Use," she tossed her voice modulator.

"Aight," he smiled. Allen's voice was low enough that if he used the device, he would just sound like his sister, maybe higher.

Luckily, that night continued on without a hitch. It didn't sound like a haunted house so James seemed to be changing. Sometime when the couple was watching a movie, Kennedy went to get a few snacks for herself and her brother. The girl didn't freak out, actually she was pretty chill. Life seemed to be going great. But in a world of heroes and villains, a good life was simply an illusion hiding the worst.

~~~

These next two [I think] chapters are really short. So I'm combining them as 5/6 and 7/8.