~10~

In some other cultures, Avare was also called "Bloodshed". The girl found out about her condition during her training. She had a peculiar type of bloodlust. One kill was not enough for her. She had to kill everything that was in her vision before her body and mindset would go back to the norm.

James gasped and stumbled backwards. He bolted and shut the door to his room. There were multiple thoughts of what could've happened. She could've been scared of being used. Or of her life being a lie. Throughout all of the nightmares the hero had to decipher, this was his most difficult case yet. He took off his mask and let out a breath. Suddenly, he heard Kennedy scream from the other room. He ran back in and met the familiar red eyes of his best friend.

"Allen!" James opened his arms and hugged him.

"Jamsie!" the other boy grinned.

"Ugh, don't call me that," he slouched and ruffled his best friend's hair.

"Never going to ha-" the white haired boy caught his sister's eye. "Ken, what's wrong?"

"C-Can't you hear it?" she looked up, her blue eyes holding an unhealthy amount of innocence. "Something's wrong."

"Hey, guys, what's that?" a large shadow overcame the window.

"Wow, extra much?" Allen spoke.

"I-, um, need to do something real quick," James was slowly backing out of the room to get into his uniform.

He put on his mask. His usual clothes didn't appear like they always did. Something really was wrong.