Chapter 26

M E L A N I E

I was getting ready for dinner with James. I was looking forward to it because I know while I'm there, I'll stop thinking about the talk I'm suppose to have tomorrow with Sergio.

I put on a cute casual dress since James said we were going to the beach after dinner and I didn't want to have the beach ruin a expensive dress. I also put on a pair of heels that weren't to high. I put on my usual make up which consisted of mascara, foundation, and cover up but then added some eye shadow and eye linear with some nude lipstick I hardly ever put on. I curled the ends of my hair making it not to curly. I finished just in time when I heard the doorbell. I walked downstairs and opened the door to see James smiling. He was wearing something casual as well and he looked super attractive.

"You look amazing as always!" I blushed.

"You as well" I made him blush too. He's too cute.

He took me by my hand and lead me to his car. He opened the door for me and I sat in his car.

"I know I didn't really make this sound like a date when I asked you earlier today but to me it it" I smiled.

"Me too" he smiled back then closed the car door then walked to the drivers side of his car.

"Instead of going to eat dinner at a restaurant, I made sandwiches and we can eat them at the beach. I hope thats okay"

"That's perfect. I love sandwiches" I gave him a reassuring smile.

"Great!"we drove off to the beach. The long car ride was not awkward at all. We kept talking and singing when our favorite songs came on the radio. We were having so much fun!

We finally got to the beach and we picked a good spot and ate our sandwiches while we watched the sun set.

"These sandwiches are amazing!" I said taking a bite from it.

"Thanks! The boys say I make the best sandwiches, but I don't know whats so different from my sandwiches than any other person's sandwiches, its just a regular sandwich" He shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't know but its really good" I ate the last bite of my sandwich.

We talked about my family and his family and I got to know more about him. It was getting dark and their were few people on the beach now. We stayed quiet for a few minutes just looking out at the ocean in front of us.

"I don't even know when you became so important to me. It's like watching a snowstorm. You see the snowflakes falling, but you don't realize how they're adding up. Then suddenly, your whole lawn is covered. All these little things have added up." I was speechless. I didn't know what to say. "Melanie!" he turned and faced me and I faced him. "What I'm trying to say is I like you and I want to be with you and if you don't feel the same way, its fine. I just wanted to let you know how I really felt." I had to process everything that he said then I took a deep breath.

"James. Sometimes someone comes into your life that changes everything. Raises your standards, makes you laugh, and makes you feel like yourself. There is something about them that you can't put into words and what I'm trying to say is that, that person is you. I really like you too but I was to afraid to show it because part of me thought you didn't feel the same way about me and I didn't want to ruin our friendship"

"Thats exactly how I felt but I took the risk and I'm glad I did because now I can ask this. Melanie will you be my girlfriend?" That sent butterflies to my stomach. Just hearing him say girlfriend.

"Will you make me your delicious sandwiches every time I'm craving a sandwiches?"

"Of course!"

"Then yes I'll love to be your girlfriend" we both leaned in and shared a very passionate kiss. I'm very happy and lucky to call James Rodriguez my boyfriend.