Chapter Six

His lips were soft and warm yet the kiss was incredibly intense. Her body had come alive and she tingled from the tips of her fingers to her toes. She parted her lips, allowing the kiss to deepen. His tongue was now exploring her mouth, wrestling with her tongue all the while.

Draco's hands began some of their own exploring. Starting at her shoulders, they worked their way down to Hermione's waist. He pulled her pelvis into his and she shivered. Hermione took it farther and put her arms on his chiseled chest and started to unbutton his shirt.

Noticing her game, Draco took off her shirt over her head, stopping the kiss for only a moment. His eyes met hers before they began again. They were full of love, and his were full of fire. When they continued, Draco picked Hermione up and she wrapped her legs around him. He started to move to the bed with her in his arms.

Draco laid her down gently and moved his lips to her neck. Soft kisses landed on her and Hermione was vibrating from them. He moved to her breasts and kissed where the bra didn't cover, then continued down her stomach. Right before her jean buttons, he stopped. An evil grin spreading across his face.

"Why'd you stop?" She half moaned it.

"You were just in the hospital wing, love." His shirt was unbuttoned most of the way down, and there was a definite bulge by his zipper. He was stunning. His abs constricting with every deep breath he took. Hermione felt herself become frustrated.

Seeing this, Draco quipped, "Don't worry, we will continue this, trust me, we will." His smile was more for himself than for her now. "I don't want you to over exert yourself." There was concern in his eyes, and she knew he was right.

"Here," he undid his pants and unbuttoned and then took off the remainder of his shirt, then he helped her out of her jeans.

"This isn't helping me relax, Draco." She cooed. His grin became playful.

"Well, maybe this will." He ushered her under the covers and she obeyed. He then crawled under them himself and pulled her tight to him. Their faces were to each others, but they weren't touching. He lightly kissed her cheek, then her nose, then her lips.

"Get comfy, love. I don't plan on letting go anytime soon." They kissed goodnight and stayed nestled together until morning.

***

It had been two weeks since that first kiss and they hadn't gone farther than that they had that night. It was frustrating, but Hermione understood why Draco wasn't pushing it. She had been through a traumatic break up as well as a concussion. Speaking of, Ron had tried to apologize to her through Harry. As soon as Hermione understood what Harry was stuttering about, however, she shut him down.

He had apologized immediately. Besides that one incident, Harry and Hermione's friendship remained unblemished. Hermione could tell that Harry didn't really appreciate how much time she and Draco had been spending together, nor the frequency of their holding hands and he did once see them give each other a small kiss. However, he tried to hide it. It wasn't his place, and as long as Hermione was happy and safe, that's all that mattered. And, if Draco couldn't keep her safe, he would!

Hermione knew Harry felt this way, it was unspoken conversation between the two of them. But, she was a grown woman, she could care for herself if the need presented itself. And, the time was coming that she might have to do that.

The Dark Mass had killed five more people. Their numbers were growing, and spies on the inside had reported that they knew about the training. They planned on taking to Hogwarts within the next few months. With Christmas being only two days away, mostly everyone in the castle was heading home to their families for a long needed break. Hermione wasn't however.