The Wedding

Looking around this room, she thought that this day would never come.

The canopy bed was redone by the house-elves, which were all free and working because they wanted to, thank you very much! And the colors of the room matched the creme linens; the walls were a soft blue with a mahogany wood floor that he had imported from Germany just for her. The gray-ish blue fireplace that stood on the left hand side of the room reminded her of their nights together at Hogwarts. Before the war, the night he proposed...

"Hermione!" And excited Ginny entered the room to find Hermione sitting on her newly made bed in a robe with curlers in her hair. She was crying softly into a cotton handkerchief. "Are you alright?" Ginny sat next to her and put an arm around her shoulders. Hermione gave a small laugh.

"Yes, of course! I'm just so happy!" Ginny gave her an incredulous look and they began laughing at it all. Hermione never cried, Ginny knew this. The fact that it was her wedding day, she was allowed to, of course. Hermione had just been a little...moody, as of late. Ginny did as she had before and chalked it up to wedding stress, and the fact that this was Hermione's big day.

"C'mon, let's get you ready. And, if you cry after I do your makeup, so help me!" The girls giggled again and Ginny helped Hermione to her feet. As if that was the bell sounding for everyone to shuffle into the room, they did. Hermione and Ginny were joined by Luna, Cho and Fleur. All of which were giddy and giggling about something.

"Hermione, you are going to be so beautiful!" Cho spoke softly, but her words were filled with truth and a kind of caring Hermione had come to love from her. The rest of the girls nodded in agreement and they started to dress, do their hair and their makeup.

Narcissa came in at one point, and was left speechless. She promised Hermione that she wouldn't say anything to Draco. She gave Hermione a hug and left the girls to finish up.

Walking into the room where her son, Harry, Neville, Dean and Seamus were getting ready, Narcissa's mouth fell open for the second time that day.

"Draco, you are so handsome!" She found a way to speak through the tears welling in her eyes. This boy, this man in front of her that she had raised, that she had carried for nine of the longest months of her life! He was standing in front of her now, his blonde hair slicked back, his tuxedo pressed and pristine. His tie was a mint green, and the flower in his pocket was that of a light silver in color. This little boy she had raised, she had loved and protected all these years, especially from his father: he was all grown up. He was handsome, sophisticated and gentleman, and he was her little boy! The tears she was holding back broke finally and she sobbed into her hands.

"Mom, it's alright." Draco hugged her and the rest of the boys in the room made to look awkwardly out the window, at the fireplace, anywhere but at the little blonde boy and his crying mother.

"Oh, I know, I know." Narcissa raised her head and blotted her face with a tissue she had in the pocket of her form hugging dark green dress. Hermione's mom was wearing something similar, only hers was much looser, and much more sagacious. "Draco," she held his face in her hands like she used to when he was young. But this time, he was the one that towered over her. "Hermione, your bride, honey she is gorgeous. And, so smart; I'm just so happy for you." She hugged him one last time and Draco whispered an 'I know, I am too,' into her ear.

When they broke apart, Narcissa left the room and Draco turned to the rest of the men.

"Well, that was mighty...awkward, mate." Seamus said, turning away from the empty fireplace he was so keenly staring at moments before. "Don't get me wrong, didn't know you weren't a skeezy git until Hermione fell for ya, but I didn't think of you as a mum's boy too!" They all laughed and Harry went back to fixing Dean's tie.