Chapter Ten

Hermione shielded her eyes with her bound hands and Lucius Malfoy was hurled across the room. In the midst of the smoke and debris, she heard footsteps and hoped that they were friend, not foe.

"Regretting not killing me now, Lucius?" Her usual silken voice had caught fire and it danced beautifully in Hermione's head. Two steps. That's all it took Narcissa to cross the room and lean over the huddled blonde man.

"You have no idea." He spat at her. The smoke started to clear, and Hermione could see Mrs. Malfoy standing over Lucius with her wand outstretched. That's when she noticed the other figures in the room. It was also when they could finally see her.

"Hermione!" Draco ran to her and pulled her up in a hug. His embrace was tight, but warm and she missed everything about it. She was still in pain from all of the night's escapades, but being in Draco's arms made her relax and focus on him. It was as if being with him made everything else melt away.

"I'm so sorry I didn't wake you when I left, Draco. I just-" He cut her off.

"It's fine, really love. I'm just glad you're ok." He ended their embrace to hold the sides of her face. Hermione flinched when his hands grazed her cuts. His face turned from pure love, to horror and then to a deep anger.

Harry and Mr. Weasley had made their way to her by this point, and both started undoing the ropes that bound her limbs. Harry stopped for a moment when Draco kissed Hermione on the forehead and then stood.

He strode over to where his mother was still hovering over his no good father. She was whispering things and pointing her wand at him. He looked nonchalant until he saw his son standing over him as well.

"Malfoy!" Harry got up and quickly crossed the room to where all three Malfoy's were. They all gave him a glance and Harry clarified, "Draco," he looked away from Harry. He didn't want Saint Potter telling him that he couldn't hurt the man who tortured the woman he loves.

"Just wait until we leave the room." Harry said it softly, but looking up at him, Draco could tell he meant it by the hardness of face, and the coldness in his eyes. He nodded and pointed his wand at Lucius while Harry crossed the room and continued to untie Hermione.

Mr. Weasley gave Harry a look, and Harry gave one right back. Somehow it seemed they came to an understanding without even speaking to one another. Hermione was just confused.

"What did you say to him?" Harry didn't answer. "Harry James Potter, you answer me!" He still wouldn't answer her question. Instead, he finished with his knots and so did Mr. Weasley. They helped Hermione to her feet and Harry grabbed her arm.

"C'mon Hermione." She wouldn't budge.

"Harry, what-" she began but the look in Harry's eyes gave answers to all that she was asking.

This is about Draco and his father. I need to let it be.

Hermione went with the two now, painful stabs surged through her every once in a while, but she could handle it, at least until they were outside.

She spotted Mr. Weasley hovering over Nia's body and muttering something under his breath. She didn't much care what he was doing to her. She deserved whatever she got.

"Narcissa." Harry looked at her before exiting and she nodded. She bent down and picked up Lucius' wand and broke it in her hands. She then turned and spat on the man who was still sitting on the dirty floor with his son's wand pointed at his head.

She exited with Harry, Hermione, Mr. Weasley and a now bound and unconscious Nia hovering in front of them.

***