M.A.V. Epilogue

Hahaha you thought that was the end!

I'm really sorry about this guys. I meant to write and post this months ago but I completely forgot about it. So, here you are. The Epilogue of My Alternate Version.

.................

Cinder stirred in her bed, her eyes barely opening. She'd spent the duration of the night reminiscing about the day her new life began. The day she decided to stay. It had warmed her heart to see how much Kaito – who now practically begged her to call him Kai – had wanted her to be happy. He'd been willing to let her go forever to let her have the life she'd dreamed of.

Back then, she'd dreamed of living alone in the woods with a small garden by her house to grow fruits and vegetables. The entire place protected by a fence of large trees that could scrape the skyline. A place where passersby could rest for a moment and marvel at her serene alcove in the middle of nowhere.

Now, she was living her dream. Her dream of being with Kai for the rest of her life. To live happily with him and be a part of the family that was the people of the palace. Her best friend, Iko, and Cinder had made up and agreed to never rat out one another again like Iko had the day the prince found Cinder. Neither of them would admit it, but Cinder was somewhat grateful for her friend's intervention that day. She never would have been brought back to the palace had it not been for Iko.

And she and Kaito would have never been married.

Yes, this comes as a shock to some. Considering that Cinder was the girl that swore she would never marry and would live alone and independent for the rest of her days.

That was until Kaito had issued a declaration that had every woman of eligible age and who was not married or betrothed go to live in the palace. He would choose his queen/wife from those woman and every female in the palace had bent to the rule.

Everyone in exception to Cinder that is. And of course, Kaito had been in love with Cinder long before the need for a queen arose. So he tried again and again to woo her and impress her.

In the end, all it took for her to fall in love with him was one dance. And all it took her him to convince her to stay, was a chance to leave. It's funny, how the whole time she'd been at the palace, she'd wanted nothing more than to get the heck out. But then, Kai led her to the gates and set her free. She'd taken a few steps out into the world she'd been longing to be placed back in. After looking back to the prince, her heart melted. The gesture more than enough to confirm her emotions for him.

Now, she was lying in bed, smiling at how far Kai's gesture of true love had taken them. The two of them were married, happy, and Kai's arms were wrapped so tightly around Cinder that she couldn't get out of bed.

One important thing that Cinder had learned about Kai after living with him for this long, was that he was a heavy sleeper, a night cuddler, and slept in until he was splashed in the face with a bucket of water.

This morning, Kai's arms were holding her around her stomach as his chest pressed to her back. They'd shared a room since after they'd gotten married. A marriage which had invited every last civilian of the Eastern Commonwealth to the palace to attend. The craziness of the preparations had been more than enough to drive Cinder insane.

In the end, it had been a beautiful wedding. Thanks to Torin, the wedding planner, who got every last detail to perfection so that Kaito could stop whining about how certain subjects of the wedding decor and set up weren't "fit for a new queen."

The part about the wedding that Cinder had found the most stressful was Kaito and his insisting that everything had to be perfect because she was the bride and all had to be just right on her wedding day. It was more for her than it was for him. The sheer idea had driven Cinder up a wall.