Chapter 4

Tris's POV

My mother always told me that being selfless was a gift; it was one that everybody had no matter how dark you thought they were, and maybe she was right. All these years, I never imagined I could be selfless, but hadn't I given myself away just for Caleb? Hadn't I died just for the cause and the life of my beloved brother?

Sometimes, life shows you up, it screws you over and leads you into a new direction. So in those few moments before I saw the light, I could feel my breath begin to thicken more and more. I could feel the pressure on my chest develop in a dangerous speed.

One-two. My heart twitched.

Two-three. My head whirled.

Four-Five. My heart stammered.

Six. My eyes opened. Wide.

In those seconds, I should've been scared, but I wasn't. It never alarmed me when my eyes opened and there was a blurry haze; it never even registered to me where I was, or that I couldn't tell who was who, all I knew was that my sacrifice had somehow been enough to keep me alive. And I couldn't have been more thankful for that.

I heard a distinct beeping noise register to my left, and suddenly, a rustling movement over my right hand as a man shot back in his chair. His eyes were deep and sincere, kind and sculpted to the shape of tiredness. An empty gaze filled my eyes as I just starred him on, and even though he was holding on as tight as he could to me, the look on his face seemed like he was scared he would loose me...

"T-Tris," his voice a seer whisper, and because it was so silent in the room, I was able to make it out. His breath wavered for a second, "Tris," he spoke more confidentially, and he bent down, scooping me into his arms. I felt the lightness of his lips on my cheek, chin and neck, as a cry escapes his mouth.

I feel the pain in his cry, and I wish to fall into his arms, deeper and deeper, because just being here makes me feel safe.

And I would, if I knew who he was...

Zeke's POV

I sat over him, my little brother, his hand tucked neatly in mine.

One breath in, one breath out.

I closed my eyes, and when I looked again, his eyes were wide open.

My voice was on mute, and I couldn't make myself to talk, "U-Uriah!" My hands wrapped over his head, and very unlike myself, I bent down to kiss his head, and a laugh was let out from under my breath. "I can't believe it, oh my god, I love you!"

When I pulled back from his arms, his eyes were indecisive, as they searched the room for an answer, silence filled the air.

"Who are you?" Was what he said...

"It's me, Zeke, your brother."

"I don't know you."

With such a look on his face, I wasn't sure I knew him either.

 (A/N:) I just want to thank you so much for the growing support on this story, and I love you all so much! Hearing all your comments and seeing I'm getting votes really does mean the world to me, and I would just love to dedicate this chapter to DivergentTobias4Tris because of what an inspiration she is towards my writing it means so much and it is a huge honor♥♥

Who's excited for Divergent in less than 49 days????