Chapter 6

Tris's POV

My eyes peeled themselves open without my consent before I could even take another breath. I felt my heart stammer in my chest, the world spinning into place as I calmly felt the blood seep through the rivers of my veins. I was definitely alive, but where, I had no idea.

A needle throbbed from inside my throat, and I felt myself double over on my side to let out a fit of coughing. Pain lurched through me as I vomited over myself and onto the white tiled floors. I couldn't remember why I was here, or what I had done, or even the slightest possibility of my name, but I was aware that this was a hospital; and obviously, I had just been sick.

Suddenly, my whole body went off in little shakes, as I shivered. My trembling fingers wound their way across a clear tube inserted inside my arm. Connecting me to a machine, the small contraption dripped liquids that, when I sat still, I could feel drifting into my bloodstream.

Around me, pitchy beeping noises blasted the silence of the room, and before I could even carry another thought, I clenched the tube connected to my arm, and closed my eyes. I faced my body the other way before I yanked the tube from my veins. I heard a slice of skin being torn, and clenched my teeth as I dropped the tube against the ground.

My hand shook harder, and the beeping went to a full on noise that dragged itself on. I felt myself go into an intense warning, as I instantly smashed the machine on the ground, picking up a needle as I hid behind the bed. I hung my head low, and peered over to the rest of the room, checking out the empty space.

With the needle above my shoulder, I clenched onto it like a knife, a familiar feeling trickling into my body. With my stance low, I nodded my head, trying to brush away my thoughts as I found myself at the only door.

Hesitantly, I reached for the doorknob, lightly tugging on it to try and open the door. As my fingers locked themselves around the cold brass knob, a piercing pain thrashed through my mind, tugging me down and causing me to hit the floor.

An immense agony flowed through my head, a horrible screaming coursed over and over in my mind, and I held one hand onto the needle, the other to the knob before I let go. Sliding down the wall, I screamed and screamed, the pain forcing itself harder and harder, absorbing all the air from my lungs before completely  taking me down.

I shut my eyes, trying to calm down; trying to find a breath, as I fought for myself.

Uriah's POV

When I awoke, there were two people standing by. One was a woman, older, with age taking over her beautiful face, and a boy, who could only be a year or two older than me. They looked me over, the woman's hand sculpted into mine, and the boy's eyes staring right at my face.

The world was helplessly blurry, my senses coming in and out of purity as I fought to keep my breaths. A constant beeping picked up its speed, and alarmed me from the side. "Uriah?" The man choked, as I felt the air as he rushed to my side. He rested himself next to my bedside, holding me in a light hug, just as the sound of a woman's weep entered the silence.

"Uriah, my baby," she whispered through her tears, lightly bending over to kiss the top of my head.

I felt my own tears form, as I took in the delicacy of her touch, of her face. But at the same time, I couldn't recollect who she was, or why she was here.

I didn't even know why I was here. Or more importantly my name....but that Uriah must be me.

What had I done to get here? I wasn't sure.

Before any word could form on the tips of my tongue, a felt an agonizing thread form in the back of my head, pushing it against the bed as a pain possessed the inside of my skull. I wasn't sure of anything other than the forceful screaming in my mind, but I was sure it was my yell that was coursing its way throughout the endless rooms.

Tris's POV

As the pain went on, my vision blurred, my senses loosing control as my body twitched on the floor. My hands clutched my head just as the door pushed me against the wall and two bodies filed into the room. I couldn't capture their identities, as they only appeared as tall dark shadows in the light filled room.

Above me, one shoved the other, before one ran around the room, the bigger guy falling to the ground as he wrapped his legs over my torso. he adjusted himself as he was going to sit on me, but I had a feeling this was the reason I had gotten here in the beginning.

My mind throbbed, and I used all my force to lift one of my legs from the ground. Gathering all the force I could manage, I pulled back my knee, striking it out with sheer force at the figure above me. my bare foot hit them right about their upper leg, and obviously taken aback, the man stumbled a few inches to the door.

This was my chance. I felt my fingers search the perimeter of the floor, running my tips against the cold tiled floor. Catching onto something, my hands tugged on the needle that was near my head, and I shoved the needle into the man's leg.

The world by now was spinning, and I leaned over to vomit once more, my knuckles turning white as they held onto the tube of the needle. My arm wiped my mouth, the whole room shaking violently as I forced my feet underneath me. Blurs of light and flashing shadows echoed the room, and I fought for my balance.

"TRIS!" One of the voices called. It was deep and menacing, yet helped an emotional void that ached to be heard. But I didn't. He stepped closer, holding his hands up in defiance. My eyes searched the room like a crazed animal locked in its cage. At least now I was standing.

I felt my feet take off below me, and I sprinted at the man, throwing all my body weight to him. My elbow racked his abdomen, and I screamed while I kicked at his shins, stabbing the needle into his arm. I had aimed for the chest, right at the heart, but before I could process what was happening, I was on the floor, my fingers combing through the loose strands of my hair.

Screaming and screaming, I ached to rip the pain from my head, but as hard as I tried I couldn't. Tears soaked my eyes, raffling down to the floor, as I rolled from side to side, fighting to make the pain disappear.

One of the men perched himself onto me, his eyes finding mine as he pulled my arms from my head as lightly as he could. I slashed a him, thrusting my body up and kicking my legs as I refused his presence more than I did the pain.

But he was stronger, much, much stronger, and all my advantage points had been taken away from me. I lashed out, fighting harder as I spit up at his face, forcing myself to growl as the other boy ran to my head, holding it down before shoving a needle into my throat.

Suddenly, with only the pain in my head, my eyes sunk like anchors, closing. But just before they shut, I stared to the man who was on top of me, the man who had screamed Tris at me. I looked hard into his eyes, but instead, all he brought me was ease, and as much as I wanted to slug him in the face, I felt a connection to him that I was completely unaware of.

So as I blacked out, their injection taking the best of me, I whispered the one name that echoed through my head for only a second. I spoke it quickly, scared the thought would be stripped from me by my dreams.

"Uriah," I said before everything spun black.

(A/N): Hello initiates!

I LOVED writing this chapter, especially the ending Tris POV, I really do hope you enjoyed this chapter, and as more of the plot develops I am so happy to hear that you guys want more! Thank you all so much for everything and please comment below all your thoughts and ideas.

Be brave♥