Memory Serum & Hope (Fourtris)

One Shot: Memory Serum & Hope (Fourtris)

Background: Based on the MOVIE Allegiant which is different then Roth's third book.  All characters belong to her.  This story is starting at the reunion of Tris and Four in front of the Erudite Jail, and then following them to convince Evelyn to not release the serum.  This alternate movie ending will deviate from there.  No Peter or Caleb in this version.  For those that didn't see the movie (Theo and Shai...amazing) - - at the bureau the climax was Four trying to get Tris to leave with him, he discovered things were not as they seem.  Tris was torn, but choose to not side with Four and instead she trusted bureau director DAvid and went to Providence.  It was there Tris discovered that David was NOT trustworthy or good.  She then discovers Four is in trouble back in Chicago so she goes to help him and of course their goal is to stop the memory serum from destroying the city.

Scene 1: Tobias POV

I slowly open my eyes, it takes me a moment to remember where I am, and why I am in such terrible pain.

Then it all comes crashing back to me, my own mother had me locked up in a cell as she is convinced she is doing what is best for Chicago, what is best for me.  I would like to believe Evelyn didn't realize what her lap dog, Edgar, would do to me the moment she left me alone with her trained thugs.

That low life knocked me unconscious, as three of their men held me down.  That is pathetic.  No wonder my mother was able to train him so well.  He is weak and malleable, whereas I am not.  At least not for her.  

These idiots have no idea what the memory serum will do, will do to ALL of them.  To all of us.

I suddenly picture Tris.  Her smile, her eyes bright and a window into her strength.  For now, I am thankful she is safe in the Bureau.  I imagine for a moment what will happen if I lose everything.  If I lose who I am.  Will she come for me?  Will she think I am worth the effort?

I know the answer.  She will.  I am hers and she is mine.

Enough, I need to move.  I need to stop Evelyn from making this terrible mistake.

I lay still while I compose myself.  Thankful the door key I swiped during the scuffle is still safely in my hands.  I need to catch them when they are least expecting me.  And then I hear a commotion outside of my cell.  I remain still, I need to time this correctly.

When I hear chaos is when I stand up, I am stunned to see the disks that can only be from a bureau issued suit, it goes directly to the glass – as if to let me know I have been seen.  I step back as I am sure things are about to get ugly for Evelyn's minions in a moment.

When I see my opening, I unlock my prison from the inside and take out the last two remaining guards.  Of course I am sure my rescuers could handle the last two, but this way my ego can remain intact.

And then I see her.  Tris.  She quickly disengages her suit's eye gear and swiftly walks towards me.  I painfully make my way to her as well.  The last time we were in the same room, it seemed like we would be at different sides of an ideal forever.

I know what I saw in the fringe – and it was so wrong.  No matter how David tried to justify it.  Stealing a child from their parents and then again stealing who they are.   I tried to explain this to Tris, to make her understand.  She didn't choose me.  She choose him.

I stand still, as I wait to see where she is now.  I will have my answer in a moment.

She comes to me, no hesitation, seconds before her lips are on mine she whispers "Hey."  The next moment she pulls me close and her lips travel the distance between us.  My body and heart immediately responding to her.  I slide my arms around her, resting my good hand on the small of her back.  She is here.  She is safe.  She is with me.