Camping: Part IV of IV - Tuesday, July 4th

Camping & Roughing It

Chapter title: Part IV of IV – Tuesday, July 4th

FOUR Part One-Shot

++++++++++++o+++++++++++

Short Story Plan:

Part I of IV - Saturday, July 1st

Part II of IV - Sunday, July 2nd

Part III of IV - Monday, July 3rd

Part IV of IV - Tuesday, July 4th

++++++++++++o+++++++++++

Chapter title: Part IV of IV – Tuesday, July 4th

*Four POV*

"Rise and shine! Time to get decent!" Zeke yells from what I can only guess is his tent. I groan at the sound of his cheerful voice, which is an annoying way to be woken up. I keep my eyes closed, hoping this is just a dream and that I really have a good hour or two of sleep left.

My body responds to her before my brain does. I feel Tris lying against me, which immediately makes me excited. Very excited. I feel a pull in my stomach as I bite my lip to swallow my groan.

My eyes pop open to look, immediately confirming that Tris' lithe figure is pressed firmly against me as we are wrapped in each other's arms. Her leg is thrown over my hip, and my hand rests on her upper thigh. One of her arms is wrapped around me, slipping up the back of my shirt and resting directly on my back.

I'm overcome by lust, even though I know I shouldn't be. What I didn't anticipate was a sleeping Tris, adorable drool on her chin and all, pressing her entire body closer to me as she mumbles in her sleep. Oh shit, I feel her core press directly against me as I gasp loudly. I try desperately to untangle myself. Although not by design, I feel as though I'm taking advantage of her in some way - which is an awful feeling.

Zeke is now standing just yards from our tent as he makes his rounds to wake our entire group. His booming voice is close enough to wake Tris this time.

"It's the big day, happy Fourth of July!" Zeke calls. "The storm rolled out last night, we are good to do the Ouzel Falls hike. Let's go, let's go!"

Her eyes pop open immediately, taking in our positions. I'm sure she feels my large excitement as well, when her eyes widen and she quickly joins me in untangling herself. Her cheeks are flaming red as her mouth falls open in shock.

I feel shame and look away because this is not what I wanted. Not even close.

We manage to separate and move to our respective sides of the sleeping bag. For the record, Tris was all the way on my side. I'm just saying.

She sees my face, which must reflect the absolute horror that I feel, and then she releases her breath and smiles bashfully.

"Let's never discuss this moment again, deal?" Tris mumbles and laughs nervously.