Camping: Part III of IV - Monday, July 3rd

Story Title: Camping & Roughing It

Chapter title: Part III of IV - Monday, July 3rd

FOUR Part One-Shot

++++++++++++o+++++++++++

Short Story Plan:

Part I of IV - Saturday, July 1st

Part II of IV - Sunday, July 2nd

Part III of IV - Monday, July 3rd

Part IV of IV - Tuesday, July 4th

++++++++++++o+++++++++++

Chapter title: Part III of IV - Monday, July 3rd

*Tris POV*

I'm pulled from sleep by a familiar sound I know too well, the bugling of elk. A smile touches my lips as I lie still and enjoy. The bugle of a bull elk is a distinct sound that begins deep and resonant, and becomes a high-pitched squeal before ending in a series of grunts. The herds of elk that roam the Rocky Mountains has always been one of my favorite parts of camping here.

 The herds of elk that roam the Rocky Mountains has always been one of my favorite parts of camping here

I know once I open my eyes it will be time to start the day. Rising early is normal for camping, but I find myself waking up even earlier when not sleeping in a tent. I enjoy the noises around me and realize it must be super early, as I do not hear any of the usual hustle and bustle of large campgrounds.

I finally roll onto my back, slowly opening my eyes as they adjust to the sun. The morning is still cool, but I know the July heat will soon be here.

I really need a shower. Should I go now, or wait until someone from the group wakes up so I can tell them where I am? Decisions, decisions.

Lying still, I unexpectedly feel Roja's snout nudging my chin, silly dog! It was nice of Shauna to let her sleep with me last night, not that I worried, but having a guard dog is always nice

As I stretch out my arms, another sound catches my attention - soft coughing. I quickly turn to the left, and my mouth falls open. Sound asleep, Four lies on the other side of the fire pit. His sleeping bag positioned in a way that we can see each other's face and nothing more.