Drabble #5

Title: This is Society

XiuBaek side story. Feel free to skip it.

______

"Why must status define who people are? Why can't people of different status fall in love? I mean, they can, but why is the society so...against it?" Minseok stood up as he asked their literature teacher a few questions.

A jock at the back of the class raised his hand. "Because, rich people are meant to be with rich people. They shouldn't be with someone of the low status. In many cases, the latter ends up just using them for their money."

"But that's not in all cases. You're generalizing one case as the same for every other cases. There are also several rich people who use the ones of low status as well. Like you, for example, Wontaek. You don't seriously think that we don't know about you cheating on your 'rich' girlfriend with someone of the low level, do you?"

"Mr. Kim, sit down. You're disrupting the lesson."

______

from: Baekie ♡~
Hyung, where are you?
I'm waiting at the café
Hurryyyyy >_<
6:54 PM

from: MinMin hyung ♡ (❀╹◡╹)
I'm on my way there, Baek
I just got out of literature
6:57 PM

Oh...okay
Again, hurrrrryyyyyyyy
I love you :)
7:01 PM

I love you, too
7:03 PM

______

Minseok pulled up his hoodie and put in his coloured contacts. He seemed almost like an entirely different person.

He walked into the café, immediately spotting his boyfriend sitting at a table in a corner. The latter perks up and smiles widely as he notices him.

"Hyung!"

______

"How was school?"

"Boring. The literature teacher told me to sit down because I was 'disrupting the class'. She asked if we had any fucking questions. I stood up and asked her, but she told me to sit down. Like, bitch?"

Baekhyun swatted Minseok's cheek softly, playfully, before kissing it. "It's okay. And don't curse, Minnie!"

Minseok fixed the flower crown resting on Baekhyun's head. He ruffled his hair a bit and then held his hand tightly.

"Minnie hyung! A shooting star!" Baekhyun cheered as he pointed at it. "Make a wish!"

'I wish Baekhyun will stay by me. Forever. Through everything.' Minseok wished.

__

"Baekkie..."

"Yes, hyung?"

"Why can't the society accept us?"

Baekhyun stayed quiet for a moment, clenching his fists.

"Well...you are the son of the richest man in Seoul, and I'm of the low class, after all. My mom's a prostitute, my dad left us. So, I guess I can see why. If you were to be found with someone like me...then, your entire reputation would go...uh..."