Chapter 9: Double Take

Life seemed almost meaningless. As if nothing was worth it anymore. The days passed by with no hope of ever leaving that wretched place. Everything was like a constant loop. Wake up. Go to school. Come home. Eat. Sleep. Nothing ever changed or so I thought.
Every night was spend looking for my father. No news articles showed his arrest which was a huge relief. I looked up everything I could to find him. Every road lead me to a dead in end. I looked for two years. Why I stopped? I lost it. I lost my mind. I lost every feeling. Ever thought that went through my mind. I was 11 years old and I became crazy. I became the worst human possible. My emotions feld all but one. Anger.

********
I grew worse as weeks past. I distanced myself from my friends. I stopped doing work. Id lay in bed and stare at the ceiling as the clock ticked by. My brother. God my brother. The reason for me feeling the way I did. The sole reason I lost my mind.
I went down stairs for dinner or as I like to call it "Whatever The Fridge Has To Offer." Some days I had good meals, some days I didn't. I opened the fridge and to behold inside was... Absolute garbage. Moldy cheese sat on the shelf along with a half eaten sandwich covered in maggots. I slammed the fridge before puking anything left in my stomach. I said to myself, "How the hell did that happen? I just opened the fridge this morning and that wasn't there." I washed my face in the sink and blinked a few hundred times. I opened the fridge once again and it was gone. The cheese. The sandwich. The maggots. Gone. As it it never existed. As if I imagined it. Was I going crazy? Was I starting to see things? I closed the fridge and pulled out a chair and sat down. I closed my eyes and took deep breaths. It seemed so real. It seemed like it actually happened. I opened my eyes and sighed. "I'm not going crazy." I thought. I shook my head and decided to just get some water. I grabbed a glass and went over to the sink. I turned it on and went on to fill my glass. I screamed as the glass fell shattering all over the floor. Blood. Blood poured out of the faucet. I stared at it. I rubbed my eyes to make it go away but it wasn't. I hurried and turned it off. I turned around and my brother was standing in the front door. Shocked. His keys fell out his hand and he covered his mouth. He had saw the blood too. I knew I wasn't crazy or maybe we just both were.

(Wow. Its been over a year since I've written. Life has been crazy to say at the least. I will be doing more from now on. Hopefully you enjoyed this new chapter.!)