Chapter 10: Secrets Below

Police arrived not that long after the incident along with a plumber. Checking the sink and drainage pipes. The plumber headed to the basement where everything was connected and started looking for the problem. An officer asked me questions on what happened. I told him everything and then he turned to my brother. All this commotion suddenly hushed. We heard a loud thud beneath us. Everyone turned toward the basement door and the plumber pushed it open. His face pale and struck with fear. The officer had asked what happened but he was lost for words. He just mumbled under his breath and point down the stairs. Slowly he made his way to the couch and sat down. He took of his hair and pulled his hair. Tears started to fall down his face as he started to quietly pray. I suddenly felt nervous. I didn't know why but I knew something terrible happened. The officer went to the basement and no longer than a second came back up and motioned for my brother to come see. I went to follow him but the officer told me to stop. My brother was the only one allowed. That gave me a sick feeling.
  About 10 minutes had past and they were still in the basement. I grew worried every second but I was also curious about what was down there. The plumber had left and I started to pace back and forth. Thinking what in the hell is going on. I looked again at the basement door. I heard no footsteps. No talking. No sound. I slowly made my way to the door and opened it slightly. Nothing. I knew they were down there but there was nothing to be heard. I made my way down the stairs trying not to make any noise. I reached the bottom and turned where they were supposed to be. They were gone.
  There was no sight of them. I looked around and there wasn't a trace. I went where the plumber looked and everything seemed normal. I didn't understand what was going on. I turned back around and saw a trash bag in the corner. We didn't have an trash bags lying around. I walked over  and went to grab it. It was heavy. Like a bag of bricks. "What is in this?" I asked myself. I untied the bag and before I fully opened it I saw something terrible. I gasped. Covering my mouth. My heart raced. I started to shake. I backed away slowly until I ran into something or should I say someone. Before I could turn around, a cloth went over my mouth. I struggled to get away from whoever was doing this but I couldn't. I grew weak and before I knew it my vision went a blur and I passed out.