Chapter 5: Running Away From Home

Its been 3 years since I met my biological father. 3 years of constant moving. Trying not to get caught by authorities. Technically, he kidnapped me. I wasn't supposed to be with him. Yet being with him felt so right. I left a lot behind. My family. They did nothing wrong. I just had a gut feeling to be with my father. I missed my family I truly did, but my father needed someone. That someone was me. He had no one else. I was his family. His one priority. That's all that mattered. We currently lived in Montana. In a small house in the middle of no where. It was nice for a while. No noise. No people. Peaceful, but lonely.

******

I wasn't in school anymore. Couldn't risk my father being caught. He taught me the best he could. That's all I could ask for. I was happy. I was healthy. We both were. 3 years flew by like it was just yesterday. I grew taller. My hair was longer. Not much had changed. Which is why we had to say hidden. My father was surprising good at it. Scary to think about how he was. I always feared he would get caught and go to prison. I don't think he'd last. He'd go crazy or worse. I tried not to think about it as much. My mind always had a way of bringing it up.

******

It was night. Pitch black outside my window. A few stars shined but not to bright. I laid in bed staring at ceiling. Counting the tiles. I turned and looked at the picture my father gave me. It was the same picture he showed me 3 years ago. I kept it close to me. To always have my mother by my side. I'd pray to God to keep us safe and for my mother to have peace. Its what she deserved. I placed the picture under my pillow and laid back and closed my eyes. Soundless. Peaceful. I was startled by my father. He ran to my room. He opened my door. He had the biggest smile. He walked over and kneeled beside my bed. He said,

"Want to see something amazing?"

I nodded with excitement. He stood up and grabbed my hand. He let me out the door on to the steps. He sat down and so did I. He pointed toward the sky. I looked up. The stars. There were so many. More than what I saw from my window. My father was holding a book. He showed it to me. It was about star constellations. He opened it and showed me a few he had found. We stayed there all night until sunrise finding what we could. That's one of the moments I miss most. Being able to sit there for hours with him. Not giving a care in the world. I wish I could go back to those days.

(Sorry its short.! I appreciate everyone who has voted and read my story! It means so much to me.! I hope you all enjoy.! I will try to write more in the future.! Thank you all so much.!