Chapter 11: Demons Do Exist

I woke up in my room. Little woozy from getting put to sleep. I ran to my door and it was locked. Clearly whoever locked it had no idea my father taught me how to pick locks. I grabbed a bobby pin and got to work. Took a few minutes but I finally unlocked it. I stepped out the door and looked over the railing. The bag was opened and lying on the floor. Bodies. Bodies were in that bag. The cop was on top and from what I saw maybe a girl at the bottom. I slowly made my way to the stairs. Going down until I peeked over. No one was there. I got down the stairs and looked around. There was a trail of blood leading to the back yard. I walked to the door and slid it open. My brother and his friends were all sitting around with a bonfire. It smelled rancid. He. He burned the bodies. They were drinking and laughing. One of them noticed me. I quickly closed the door and ran upstairs. I closed my door. I couldn't lock it. Some genius flipped the doorknob around. I hurried and grabbed my backpack and started to stuff my clothes. I couldn't stay here. Not with a murderer. I packed everything I needed. Clothes, food, water, medicine, and other little things. I got dressed and put on my shoes.
   I peered out the door to see if anyone was there. I didn't see anyone so I took off down stairs. As I was about to open the door I heard a laugh. I turned around and it was the friend who saw me.

"Where are you going young lady?" He questioned.

"I'm going take a walk." I replied.

He took a drink of his beer and smacked his lips. He scratched his head and said,

"How about a run?" He asked.

  Before I could deny his question he started to run at me. I quickly opened the door and started running down the street. I could hear him after me. I just kept running and running. I was afraid to stop. I was afraid he would catch me. All of a sudden I didn't hear him running anymore. I turned around and he fell to the ground and passed out. I put my hands on my knees and started to breath again. I was so tired. I started to walk away into a neighbors yard so he couldn't see me anymore. I didn't know where I was going. I just had to leave. Forever.