Ch6 : Fallen.

It was cold, dark. Frisk sat up holding their head.

" * Where.. Am I.. "

They slowly stood up, looking down at where they fell. Grey flowers, with blood..? Why weren't they gold like normal, and the purple gate.. Was red..? Frisk walked into the next room expecting to meet Flowey. But this wasn't Flowey. It looked like Flowey, but they had a scared expression, with gray petals.

"O-Oh.. Your a human.. Please don't hurt me.. I mean you no harm young child.."

Frisk looked at it confused, " * F-Flowey..? "

The flower looked confused as Frisk spoke.

"M-My name is Daku.. But thats not important.. You must run.. Before he comes back.."

" * Who..? "

"Papyrus! The 'care taker' of the ruins! He will slaughter you!! Run!!"

"WHAT WAS THAT?! I HEARD NOICES!!"

Papyrus came storming in, staring at Frisk then Daku.

" * Hello Papyrus! "

Daku fled into the ground and Papyrus ran over to Frisk grabbing them by the neck.

"WELCOME TO HELL CHILD. COME WITH ME."

He released their neck and grabbed their arm tightly. Making his way through the ruins.

" * P-Papy whats wrong..?"

Somehow those words shook him, he stood frozen for mere moments and held his head.

"D-..DONT CALL ME THAT AGAIN.."

He kept walking with Frisk, going through the ruins to his home. As he entered his home Daku followed close behind.

"Why is that name farmiliar. Frisk.. Flowey.. Papy.. What am I missing here.."

" * Papyrus.. Whats going on.. Is this a joke? Wheres Sans, and Undyne and Alphys.."

He looked at them confused. "HOW DO YOU KNOW THOSE PEOPLE."

" * Well I know everyone Papyrus! "

They kept walking and he brought Frisk to their room.

"STAY HERE. I HAVE SOME.. SPAGHETTI FOR YOU."

Papyrus walked into the kitchen and Frisk sat on the bed. It was a racecar bed, and there were action figures everywhere. Frisk left the room and saw another room.

'Do Not Enter.'

Due to their curiosity Frisk entered the room. They stepped in a pool of blood and panicked looking around. Very messy and cluttered. A trash tornado with blood and dead rats.

" * This looks like Sans' room.. "

Broken picture frames, of Sans, Papyrus and.. Gaster?

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN HERE?!"

Frisk panicked turning around, " * Wheres Sans..? "

Papyrus grabbed Frisk by the arm and smacked them. Their HP went down.

"I ASKED A QUESTION."

" * I was curious.. Im sorry.. But where is Sans..? "

Papyrus sighed looking away seeming hurt.

"HES AT THE CASTLE.. HES THE KING SO HE DIDN'T NEED ME ANYMORE.. AFTER GASTER DIED HE.. DECLARED WAR ON ALL HUMANS."

" * Hes the king..? "

Papyrus nodded.

" * What about Mynx? "

Papyrus glanced at them, "HIS WIFE, THE QUEEN? WHAT ABOUT HER."

" * Where is she at? "

"SENTRY WATCH FOR HUMANS. SHE COMES DOWN TO THE RUINS DOOR EVERY SO OFTEN TO TALK TO ME. SANS HATES IT THOUGH.

" * I want to leave Papyrus. "

"WHAT?!?!"

" * You heard me. "

Frisk then began to walk to the stairs, but Papyrus shot bones at them, ripping their arm. Frisk screamed in pain and collapsed.

"I WON'T LET YOU GO HUMAN. YOU WILL DIE OUT THERE."

" * I won't. I will stay determined. "

"DETERMINATION WILL GET YOU NOWHERE."

" * How would you know that?! "

"..I JUST DO. SANS WILL KILL YOU, HE WILL SLAUGHTER YOU. AND IF YOU TRY TO PASS... SO WILL I."

Papyrus summoned ragged bones. They had pointed tips and were edged and sharp. A fight engaged.

'Papyrus blocks your way.'

"IF YOU REALLY WANT TO LEAVE.. PROVE TO ME THAT YOU CAN SURVIVE IN THIS WRETCHED WORLD."

Frisk looked at the options.

'[*Mercy]'

Papyrus looked at them puzzled, "MERCY WON'T DO ANYTHING FOOL."

He attacked, summoning bones and directed them towards Frisk. They barely missed many of them, getting their shirt teared on the shoulder by one.

'[*Mercy]'

"HUMAN STOP. I WON'T SHOW YOU MERCY YOU STUPID FOOL. FIGHT ALREADY!!"

Many rounds past, Frisk got attacked many more times. Getting hit many more times. Their HP was low. 3/20 HP. Yet they stayed determined, showing Mercy again and again. Until it finally worked.

'[*Mercy]'

"HUMAN.. FOR THE SAKE OF MY EXHAUSTION, AND YOUR LIFE.. I WILL.. ACCEPT YOUR MERCY.."

Papyrus dropped to his knees panting. He retracted the bones.

"I HAVE FAILED."

Frisk went over to him and hugged him.

" * Its okay Papyrus. This will get better. I will fix all of this. I promise. "

Papyrus hugged them back, slowly tearing up. He wipped his eyes.

"THANK YOU.. HUMAN.."

As they parted Frisk waved goodbye and Papyrus went back home. Frisk walked through the giant ruin doors. They came to a room, where they remet Daku.

He looked at Frisk puzzled.

"You.. successfully spared that monster.. How.. How did you do it human..?"

" * I stayed Determined. "