Chapter 2: A Strangely Good Day

Enjoying the rest of this beautiful day, you both started walking down the strip, laughing and having a great time together. You saw a pet store up ahead and your eyes lit up. You really loved animals, you just didn't know if Suwa was really into them so you didn't say anything; Suwa noticed your interest. "Hey, wanna go to the pet store?" He pointed to the store you wanted to go to, and you looked up at him as if he had read your mind. With an embarrassed look he replied, "I've always wanted a dog, but my mom would kill me if I actually brought one home." You giggled, making Suwa blush lightly and nodded politely, "Sure." The tall, red head's smile grew brighter as you both made your way to the pet store.

You both walked into a well established pet store, stocked with plenty of supplies and a wide variety of animals. There was a beautiful, green parrot sitting in a cage in front of the store. You looked up at Suwa as he was staring at the parrot in awe, "Whoa, that's a big bird." You wondered if he wanted to go see it, "Are you okay with birds?" He looked down at you, intrigued, "Sure, let's check him out."

You both walked up to him and saw there was a sign on his cage, Suwa read it aloud. "Hello, my name is Bogart. I am not for sale, I like it here. Please don't touch me as I may bite." Suwa noticed that that the cage door was open, but he was just sitting inside, "Huh. If you bite, then why is your cage open?" He bent over to talk to the parrot, "Hello Bogart! How are you?" He caught the parrot's attention and the parrot walked up to him. His feathers were a beautiful mixture of bright green and yellow.

Suwa admired Bogart, "Well, aren't you a pretty bird." He tapped the cage lightly and gave Bogart a warm smile, "Do you want scratches, buddy?" Suwa wiggled his finger in front of Bogart, and the parrot leaned in to let Suwa scratch his head. You both looked at each other in awe, and Suwa proceeded to scratch Bogart. You walked up and leaned in, watching Suwa as he scratched Bogart. "He really likes you." Suwa blushed as you got close to him, "Yeah, he does." He smiled to himself as he continued petting the parrot.

You both looked around at the other animals in the store, laughing and enjoying your time together. When you both had your fill, you stopped by to say goodbye to the parrot before leaving. Suwa leaned in to admire Bogart once again, "Bye, buddy." Leaving the store, you both excitedly talked about Suwa petting Bogart, and seeing the other neat animals there. You noticed a photo booth up ahead as you two were walking together, and you had an idea. "Hey, wanna check out that photo booth? I've got some cash on me." Suwa nodded with an excited expression, "Sure. I'll pay."

You could almost fit in, if not for Suwa's size. Embarrassed, Suwa lightly blushed and apologized, "I'm sorry. Maybe this wasn't the best idea." You looked at him inside the photo booth, thinking of what to do. You came up with an idea, "Pick the frame and other details while I come up with a way to get in." He got through the machine successfully, "Alright, they only had Valentine's Day frames, so I just picked one." You laughed to yourself, blushing, "That's fine." From inside the booth, he replied, "Alright, the countdown is starting in 5 , 4 , 3 , 2-" You jumped in and sat on his lap, pulling the curtain back, "One!"

The photos came out great. You and Suwa made some funny faces together and you caught a couple of him blushing heavily and being super embarrassed. You both laughed and shared the photos with each other, sitting on a bench. "Y'know, today didn't go how I planned at all." Suwa turned to look at you with a gleam in his eye. You continued, "But I'm glad that I bumped into you earlier." The sun started to set, and it gave off the brightest yellow glaze over the area they were seated. You gave him a bright smile, "You stood up for me when I thought I was all alone. Thank you."

Suwa just stared at you, not saying anything. You leaned in, curious if he was even hearing you, "Hey, you alright?" His face felt warm as he looked down smiling, "You don't have to thank me." You both enjoyed the sunset together, ending a strangely good day.

To be Continued...