Chapter 3: An Endless Night

The Sun was replaced with the Moon and the stars gleamed over you and Suwa heading to your car. The streetlights covered you both as you walked down the street together, leaving the mall. The warmth in the air was gone, and you began to have chills as the night settled in. Suwa looked at you as you were shivering, "Are you cold?" You looked up at him nervously blushing, "N-no! I'm fine! Really!" He chuckled to himself, taking off his coat and handing it to you. "Here, take it. You'll catch a cold if you don't." Your face felt warm as you took it from him, "But don't you need it?" The tall red haired gentleman leaned over to you and helped you put his coat on with a warm smile, "It's alright." His eyes shined brightly under the streetlights, "Don't worry about it." You were mesmerized, you couldn't move, and then he looked up at you with a caring smile, "All better?" You nodded, smiling ear to ear as you replied, "Yes, thank you."

You got to your car and stood there talking to Suwa because you didn't want to say goodbye. You hoped Suwa felt the same way since he was still there, but brushed it off as him just being nice. Suwa looked down at you with a warm smile, "You know, I had a really great time today." You nodded with a bright smile, "Me too, it was fun." Looking up at the stars, you wished upon one, "I just wish it wasn't over already." Suwa gazed at you as your eyes shined looking at the stars and smiling to himself, "Yeah, me too." He grabbed your hand as he led you away from your car, "C'mon, I want to show you something." You frantically stumbled behind him, "W-wait! Where are we going?" He gave you a bright smile, "I wanna show you my favorite place in town, but we need my bike!" You gave him a confused look, "Wait, your bike? Will we both be able to fit?" Suwa teased you, "If we don't, I guess you'll have to sit in my lap again." You blushed as You both laughed together making your way to his bike.

He unlocked a large, tan bicycle and wheeled it you, "Sorry it's not the prettiest bike in the world." You smiled and shook your head, "No, it's fine. Really." You walked up to the bike and sat on the back of it, "It's perfect." Suwa smiled, prepping the bike to leave and looked back to you, "You ready for take off?" You nodded in agreement he burst ahead with a new found energy, "Alright! Let's go!"  The jolt surprised you, so you grabbed Suwa tightly, making him blush. Even though Suwa was bearing the weight of both of you, he rode along the side walk with ease, "I'm not too heavy, am I?" He laughed as he pedaled you both closer to his destination, "Nah, I work out a lot, so this is nothing." You grew curious as you both rode together under the stars, "Oh yeah? Do you play any sports?" He nodded while pedaling, "Yeah, I play soccer. I'd like to be a professional player some day." You admired him, "A soccer player? That's awesome! You must be really good!" Suwa chuckled while pedaling, "Well, I wouldn't say that." You encouraged him, "Nonsense! I bet you're the best player out there." He took an opportunity to brag, "Well, I am the best at my school!" You both laughed together as you drew closer to your destination, "We're almost there." You both rode alongside a beautiful lake that shined under a clear, starry sky. Trees and bushes lined your path along the road in the middle of the lake, and the chill of the wind danced through your hair and froze your cheeks.

Suwa parked his bike by the edge of the lake to catch his breath and you two sat on the cool, wet grass. "Sorry, I haven't carried two people in a while." You giggled teasing him, "Oh, you used to carry another girl around?" He frantically replied, "N-no! It was nothing like that! I mean, she's a girl, but we're just friends!" He seemed flustered and you grew curious, "Oh, really? Do you like her?" He looked down blushing, "N-no. She likes someone else." You were floored by his response, "What? How could she like anyone else? You're a really great guy, Suwa." He laughed it off, "It's ok, you don't have to cheer me up." You reassured him,  "I'm telling the truth, you know."  He looked at you, focused on what you would say next. Your eyes were gleaming from the water's reflection, "You're the Coolest guy I've ever known and I just met you." You gave him a gentle smile, "So, don't sell yourself short. You should go for the girl you want." Suwa's gaze was fixed on you as you stood up, brushing yourself off and extending your hand out to him, "Come on, it's getting late. Let's head home." He smiled, nodding in agreement and taking your hand,

"Yeah, let's."

                   To Be Continued....