The Sun

I had everything.  I had everything I could ever want for the past week but I still felt empty.  I loved just being with him, seeing him, talking to him- of course, I doubted he felt the same way.  I loved having a bed, food, company, even if I had to hide myself.  I was getting good at it.  But I had to do something.  Nico was earning money and doing the cooking and everything, and I just sat around like a spoiled loser.  Truth was, I wanted to help.  I wanted to more than anything, and so I made a resolution to earn on the streets like he did.  Not selling art, but by making music.  It was kind of embarrassing, actually, that I had this talent.  I was a medic and a musician.  I loved music more than anything, and I hadn't played an instrument in so long it felt wrong. I missed the feeling of the guitar strings under my fingers, tightly strung around the tuning pipes.  I missed dramatically moving my arm with the bow of the violin.  I needed to do it again. 
I checked the time.  It was 9:00 am, and Nico was still sleeping.  I was going to let him sleep- there was only another few days until school started for him, and he needed all the rest he could get.  I slipped out of bed and collected a bit of the money I had been saving.  Then I scribbled a short note for Nico and went on my way, leaving the apartment through the window as I always did.  I slickly hopped from sill to sill, landing expertly on top of a car and sliding down.  Finding a music store was easy- I had been around the streets of New York all the time, and I knew where I was going.  I entered, the bell on the door jangling my appearance.  The instruments that lined the walls made my heart scream.  I just wanted to play again- I needed to.  They were beautiful.  I ran my fingers across a shiny sleek violin and picked it up.  After a few examinations, I bought it and an acoustic guitar, and found my way to a clear spot on the sidewalk, where I slipped my hood over my face and started to play the violin.  A sense of peace washed over me like water.  Each movement brought beauty and grace with it, each gesture sucking reality out of existence and replacing it with my own utopia.  I got lost in the sound.  I got lost in the stars that shone brightly behind my eyes.  I poured my soul into my music, each emotion that I bottled up for so long, waiting for a release.  I had found it.  Hurt, confusion, excitement, love- everything seemed to float freely in front of my eyes, and I started believing again.  I hated and loved that music made me feel this way.  I couldn't let anyone know that it was me playing, I would get caught by the police.  But if I stayed away from it, I would practically turn myself in.  There was something about the tune that left my fingertips that reminded me of someone.  It was quiet, but every note sang a thousand new words.  Slow, but every time the pace would quicken, like quiet, hurried breathing when  his face flushed.  It was beautiful and melodic, like a laugh that had been contained for years and was just dying to escape.  That's when I realized.  I couldn't stop thinking about him.  I  needed him just like I needed music, maybe more.  Every instinct cried out to go and see him.  My heart pounded at my chest as if complaining that I chose to leave early, and my head chided it for throwing a tantrum.  Nico, Nico, Nico, Nico, Nico. I was head over heels.  My breath quickened, then caught, but that's ok.  We don't need breathing anyway. 

ANOTHER EXTREMELY SHORT CHAPTER!! SORRY!! LOL I KNOW I KEEP APOLOGIZING, SORRY BOUT THAT- I MEAN- ya know.  OK SO PROMISE I WILL UPDATE SOON, I KNOW THIS ONE CAME LATE.  SEE YOU NEXT CHAPTER!
XXSAM