The Satan Pit

Rose and Rita continued banging on the door trying to force it open. "Open fire!" Jefferson shouted then started firing his gun at the Ood walking towards them. After all of the Ood were killed Rose and Rita ran back to the comm.

"Doctor? Doctor, can you hear me? Doctor, Ida, are you there?" Rose spoke into the comm, there was no reply only a slight buzzing, she looked at Rita who hugged her.

"Don't lose hope" She whispered into the blonde's ear.

Open door 25. Jefferson and the guard spin round holding their guns up ready to shoot. The Door opens and Danny shoots up his hands in the air shouting at them in panic "It's me! But they're coming." He warned them. Close door 25. "It's the Ood. They've gone mad."

"How many of them?" Jefferson asked eyes locked on the door behind Danny who was shaking in his shoes. "All of them! All fifty!" Danny's voice shook.

"Danny, out of the way. Out of the way!" Jefferson ordered.

"But they're armed! It's the interface device. I don't know how, but they're using it as a weapon." He protested.

"Don't open that door!" Rita pointed at Jefferson, he looked at her then opened it ignoring her. Open door 25. The door opened and the Ood appeared with red eyes staring at the others, the Ood in front takes its globe and it flies sticking to the other guards head kidding her, she screamed then fell to the floor dead, the group watch in horror and Jefferson then starts shooting at the Ood, spraying every bullet at them until they fall to the floor dead.

"Jefferson, what's happening there?" said Zach.

"I've got very little ammunition, sir. How about you?" He asked his captain who groaned "All I've got is a bolt gun. With er, all of one bolt. I could take out a grand total of one Ood. A fat lot of good that is." He spat sarcastically

"Given the emergency, I recommend strategy nine," Jefferson suggested.

Zach paused for a moment not saying anything. "Strategy Nine," He said aloud. "Agreed. Right, we need to get everyone together. Rose, Rita? What about Ida and the Doctor? Any word?" He asked them.

"I can't get a reply. Just nothing. I keep trying, but it's-" She was cut off by a buzz and the Doctor's voice, both the girls sighed in relief.

"No, sorry, I'm fine. Still here."

"You could've said, good job Rita is here to tell me you stupid" Rita lightly stepped on her foot before she could continue, Rose shrieked in a little pain and stared at the brunette deadly, she sheepishly grinned at her stare.

"Whoa. Careful!" The Doctor winced. "Anyway, it's both of us. Me and Ida. Hello. But the seal opened up. It's gone. All we've got left is this chasm."

Zach then spoke up. "How deep is it?"

"Can't tell. It looks like it goes down forever." The Doctor replied to his question.

Rose muttered in thought. "The pit is open." She then raised her voice a little, "that's what the voice said."

"But there's nothing. I mean there's nothing coming out?" Zach asked for confirmation.

"No, no. No sign of the Beast."

"It said Satan," Rose said under her breath not believing what the Ood said.

"Come on, Rose. Keep it together, you too Rita"

"Is there no such thing? Doctor." He didn't reply not knowing what to say. "Doctor, tell me there's no such thing. Rita?" She looked at the brunette who's face was blank and unreadable.