School Reunion

"Good morning, class. Are we sitting comfortably?" the Doctor grinned while Rita groaned at the cringe of what he just said. He gave a playful glare at her after noticing the expression on her face and her body shivered, he then turned to the board proceeding to grab a pen and write large letters onto the white board.

'Why did I agree to this?' she thought. 'I could be in the kitchen with Rose, instead, I'm stuck in a classroom, again.' Rita quietly groaned.

The Doctor turned back around to the class of kids that did not look like they were enjoying the class at all. 'Honestly, I feel for you kids Rita thought. I'm stuck pretending to be his teaching assistant. Great now I'm talking to myself it's year ten of school all over again.' Rita sighed

"So, physics. Physics, eh?" The Doctor began, pacing around the front of the desk then stopped next to Rita. "Physics. Physics. Physics!" he grinned at her then continued to ramble. "Physics. Physics, physics, physics, physics, physics, physics, physics." He then stopped. "I hope one of you is getting all this down."

"I'm most definitely not" Rita mumbled rolling her eyes the Doctor just continued grinning at her.

'So he's enjoying this? Time Lord don't make me shave your hair off in your sleep, oh how Rose would kill me if I did that.' She chuckled at bit knowing that the blonde loved the Doctors hair even though she didn't know Rita knew that.

"Okay let's see what you know." the Doctor spoke snapping Rita back into reality. "Two identical strips of nylon are charged with static electricity and hung from a string so they can swing freely. What would happen if they were brought near each other?" he asked the class which were clearly bored, silent and not moving much like zombies who just couldn't move. Apart from one boy who's arm flew into the air. Rita grinned moving her head up in his direction.

"Yes, er, what's your name?" the Doctor asked the boy who looked pretty nerdy with thick glasses, not that Rita was judging or anything but he did look stereotypically like a young nerd that was constantly bullied.

"Milo." he replied placing his arm back on the table.

"Milo! Off you go." the Doctor smiled glad someone was paying attention.

"They'd repel each other because they have the same charge," Milo answered getting the question correct.

"Correctamundo!"

Rita scrunched up her nose. The Doctor noticed then added: "A word I have never used before and hopefully never will again."

"I agree never, ever say that word again."

"If you wish" he grinned then continued to question the class "Question two. I coil up a thin piece of microwire and place it in a glass of water." he emphasised the word water making Rita chuckle. "Then I turn on the electricity and measure to see if the water's temperature is affected. My question is this. How do I measure the electrical power going into the coil?"

The young boy's hand shot up again, not even Rita knew the answer to that and she got an A+ in GCSE physics not that she liked to boast about it. The Doctor looked around at the bored zombie-like students.

"Someone else." He looked around the silent room and then pursed his lips "No? Okay, Milo, go for it." he nodded to the boy.

"Measure the current and PDs in an ammeter and a voltmeter."

"Two to Milo." The Doctor looked around the class once again. No one was paying any attention, he looked over to Rita who frowned at the class.

She never understood why the rest of the students apart from Milo were actually silent and extremely bored it was never mentioned in the 'episode' to her memory.