Chapter 3: everything back to normal right?

Dan P.O.V

I woke up my neck sore from sleeping in a fatal position. I look to the other end of the couch to see Phil curled up in a ball his breathing was slow and even. He seems so fragile and small. I smile at the events of last night.
We had decided it was a good idea to have an all nighter watching movies and playing video games. It was the funniest I've ever had since Phil and Jessica started dating about a year ago. I get up as quietly as I can walking into Phil's room to get him a blanket. I come back and drape it over his body. He snuggles into the blanket looking like a little kid. I smile at him, his long black hair was messy and a strand of hair was on this cheek, irritating me. I leaned in tucking the strand of hair behind his ear.
"Mmmm" he stirred. I froze, not wanting him to wake up. Thankfully he had gone back to sleep. I go back to the other end of the couch looking at him sleep for what seemed like hours. It was cute, he would scrunch up his nose at times as if he was having a weird dream. I smile letting myself fantasize having him in my arms. I ached to touch him, not inappropriately but gently. I wanted to tangle my fingers inside his dark hair have his blue eyes look into mine. I sigh burying my face into the pillow.
Suddenly the doorbell rings making me jump. Phil wakes up his eyes wide. At first he looks confused.
"Who's at the door?" He asks rubbing his eyes. I give him a small smile and shrug
"I'll go open the door" I get up to get the door
"Hel-" I open the door to find a crying Jessica standing there.
"Um"
"MOVE OUT OF THE WAY DAN!" She screams pushing me to the side
"Jessica! What are you doing here?" I hear Phil ask.
"Phil I didn't mean it when I said I wanted us to break up. Please forgive me I want you back" she cried clinging on to Phil's shirt. Phil looks up and stares directly into my eyes sending a shiver down my back. He was about to say something when Jessica interrupted spinning on her heels to face me.
"GET OUT DAN! THIS IS PRIVATE. NO ONE WANTS YOU AROUND" she screamed at me. What the hell is her problem I've never done anything to her. I'm afraid to leave them alone I know Phil and he hated hurting people. Knowing him he'd probably get back with her.
"Bye" I mutter finally and head to my room. I lay on my bed thinking about what Jessica said. She was right no one wants me around.

Phil P.O.V

I look at Dan as he walks away his head hung low and his hands balled into fists.
"You didn't have to talk to him like that you know?" I tell Jessica who's still clinging to my shirt.
"I don't care Phil. I'm here because I want us to be back together. Please Phil." Tears are rolling down her face. I don't like seeing her crying knowing that I caused her this pain but I can't do it anymore she deserves a guy who loves her and isn't in love with his best friend.
"Look Jessica, I'm sorry I was acting like a jerk but this, us, it's not going to work out anymore. I think we've both known this for a while. We've been dating a year and all we do is argue. Please Jessica don't cry." I whisper the last part wiping her tears away.
"I can change Phil please!" She begged. I shake my head slightly.
"You don't have to change. I don't want you to change for me Jess, I want you to find a guy who loves you and deserves you. I sure as hell don't. Please Jessica" I feel horrible but I can't stay with her it was bringing me down. I wanted to be the person I was before, I use to go out with my friends. Ever since I've met Jessica I haven't been able to see my friends as much as I use to
"I'm so sorry Jess" I whisper
"I hate you Phil!" She says looking into my eyes with pure anger. I look away hearing the door slam shut.
Well that was fun
I walk to Dans room to find him laying down on his bed looking up at the ceiling.
"Scoot over" I say standing at the edge of his bed. He jumps a bit and I laugh. I see a blush creep into his face. Finally he scoots over giving me room to lay next to him. We haven't done this for years(one to be exact).
"How was it?" He asks turning his head to look at me. I meet his gaze, staring into his brown eyes. I feel butterflies on my stomach as I stare back. There's a few minutes of silence and we lay there staring into each others eyes. I urged to pull him against me warping my arms around his neck. After a few minutes Dan shifts awkwardly looking back up at the ceiling
"Um...so yea...how did it go?" He asks again a blush on his cheeks.
"I dont know. She still hates me so it went horribly okay?"
Dan laughs
"Really?"
"Yep" I smile looking at him.
I wanted him to be mine.
"Thanks for the blanket" I smile taking him by surprise
"Um well you looked cold" his blush deepened.

Dan P.O.V

How long has it been since we've just layer here on my bed and just talked? Because that's exactly what we did. I saw the Phil I had fallen for since the beginning, he was smiling and laughing. He was making his stupid puns that made me laugh. I was happy to have my best friend back. But I still couldn't shake the hurt from my heart. It was like I was being stabbed ever single time I saw him smile. I wanted to wrap him up in my arms and hold him forever.
"We haven't done this in a long time" Phil whispered as if he was reading my mind.
"I know. It's weird but it feels...nice" I smile looking into his eyes. I couldn't breath, those blue eyes had the power to make my heart skip beats and make my lungs feel like they were clogged. I looked away closing my eyes trying to regain my composure.
"Dan?" Phil touched my arm gently usually I don't mind but even his touch hurt. It was only a reminder of how I couldn't have him.
"Yea?" I finally say after a few minutes of silence.
"Are you okay?" His eyes are full of worry. I give him my best fake smile.
"I'm perfect!" I spread my arm out hitting Phil in the face purposely trying to lighten up the mood.
"Daaaaaan" Phil wined taking my arm away from his face. I still felt like flinching away but I managed to control myself not wanting to worry Phil.
"Phiiiiiiiillll" I mimic him. I laugh, this time it's a real laugh

})¡({ })¡({ })¡({ })¡({ })¡({ })¡({ })¡({ })¡({ AUTHOR NOTE THINGY })¡({ })¡({ })¡({ })¡({ })¡({ })¡({ })¡({ })¡({

I hope you guys have enjoyed your day
I did ^-^ it was my baby cousins birthday today he's 2!!
Lol anyways don't forget to comment or vote
Bye <3
-Izzy