Chapter 4: The Dream

Phil P.O.V

We lay there for a few minutes, Dans arm lay on my chest. I closed my eyes feeling the heaviness of his arm.

"Mhshdmkbrkft" Dan murmured sleepily.

"What?" I laugh looking out at him, his eyes were closed and a smile danced on his lips. I found my eyes lingering on his lips, they were full and inviting. It took all my strength not to lean in.

"I said, we should make breakfast." His eyes opened. A pair of dark brown eyes looked at me. I stared into his eyes, they were warm and they seemed so innocent looking into mine. I quickly averted my eyes looking anywhere but at Dan. If he looked into my eyes maybe he'd see how much I wanted him. He'd see how desperate I was to press my lips against his and hold him in my arms. It's wrong, I KNOW, I think of my best friend in the most foul way one can think of their best friends.

"Uh...Phil?" Dan interrupts my deep thinking

"Yea?"

"Shall we go?" He asked tentatively

"Sure" I start to get up slowly removing dans arm off my chest. I feel the nerves on my fingers buzz and every other nerve on my body was aching for more. Aching to intertwine our hands. Skin agains skin. When my pale skin touched his tan skin, I felt my hand linger for longer than normal, comparing his dark complexion agains my paper white skin. I felt a shiver go down my back as I removed his hand from my chest, my face was hot red, I turned spun on my heels, my back to Dan trying to hide my flushed cheeks.

"Let's go make the ultimate cereal!!!" I yell heading towards the kitchen, Dan followed behind me laughing to himself.

(A/N sorry if Phil's part is short:c )

Dan P.O.V

I walked behind him watching him walk fast towards the kitchen.

A few minutes later we sat at the breakfast table, Phil was drinking coffee and was also eating a bowl of cereal. Not being a big fan of coffee I stuck to cereal. There was no orange juice in the fridge which made me a bit sad.

At one point during breakfast I looked up to find Phil's blue eyes staring at me. Once my eyes met his he turned red, adding color to his pale skin making him look like a small child. His eyes looked away not focusing on anything in particular.

Was there something on my face?

My hand went up to my face wiping my mouth trying to brush off the unknown thing.

I looked at Phil to find him shaking his head. I placed my hands on my lap looking intensely at my cereal.

"Dan?" Phil's voice broke me out of my trance

"Yea?"

"Can we just watch movies for the whole day? Like we use to?" His eyes practically begged me. I had scheduled today to start on my new video but...but this was more important.

"Of course," a big smile on my face, "just let me go take a shower"

He nodded heading towards the living room to find a movie to watch.

I headed towards the bathroom locking the door. I stripped down and got inside the shower I felt the warm water hit my back. That's all that it took to make me completely break down. I sat on the shower floor tears rolling off my face mixing with the water.

Whats wrong with me?

I was in love with my best friend and I'd never get a chance to tell him. How can I? He's the only good thing I've had aside from my brother. These two people were the only thing anchoring me to this life. But unlike the love I had for my brother, loving Phil hurt so much. I had to watch him kiss girls and hug girls. I had to watch him smile just because his girlfriends did something cute. I had to watch! And I was dying inside, but I never showed it. If I let Phil know about my feelings I'd lose him, I'd lose him forever. I'd rather be friends with him, no matter how much it hurt, then lose him for good.