Chapter 1: The Party

Juliet's POV:

"JJ LET'S GO WE'RE GONNA BE LATE!" Sean yelled grabbing his keys off the counter.

I threw on my boots and a jean jacket while following Sean to his car. I hated parties because I hate people. I mean most people. And by most people I mean 97% of the people I meet (Right when I finished writing that I spilled my choclate milk:( )

"It's not gonna be that bad JJ"

"Didn't you say that about the last party?"

"It's not my fault you got pushed in the lake"

"No because you totally weren't the one that did it"

"It wasn't me" he said grinning.

I rested my head on the window and shut my eyes. The party was near a lake about 45 miles east of New York City. Sean was kind of my big brother and he made me do anything and everything with him. And by everything I seriously mean everything. Actually that sounds really weird but you know what I mean you dirty minded freak.

"Let's go" he said opening the passenger side door.

"Whyyy" I said dragging the y.

He pulled me out of the car and introduced me to a few of his friends before I finally escaped his grip and went to sit on the tailgate of his truck. I swung my legs back and forth while scrolling through my phone. There were different country songs blasting and I found it weird that I knew most of the words to all of them. I put my phone down and looked out at the lake. It wasn't that big but it was beautiful. I was suddenly snapped out of my daze when Sean called my name. I groaned and got up to look for him.

"What. Do. You. Want" I said rudely

"Damn girl what's up with you?"

"I told you I didn't want to come now why do you need me."

"There's one more person I want you to meet."

I rolled my eyes and raised my eyebrows indicating to introduce me to them.

"Norman!" He yelled over his shoulder. At the sound of his name a man in his early to mid fourties came up behind him. He had sunglasses on even though the sun had already set and he wore a white tee shirt along with blue jeans.

"Norman Juliet, Juliet Norman"

"Hey" Norman said holding his hand out.

For a second I didn't know what to do. Actually maybe it was longer than a minute, maybe it was 2 or 3 minutes. See I don't like being around guys because you know I'm 29 years old and haven't been in a serious relationship in almost three years.

"Helloooooo JJ ya there?" Sean questioned waving his hand in front of my face.

"Uh yeah, sorry, um hi" I said returning his hand shake.

"Well I'll let you two get to know each other and I'll be eating"

I eyed him and looked back at Norman. Maybe talking to this guy wouldn't kill me or maybe it would. I motioned him back to Seans truck where we sat back down on the tailgate. It was quiet for a while. I didn't really mind though, I was socially awkward...actually I was just an awkward person in general.

"Sean's talked about you" he said looking at the ground.

"Oh great" I replied while mentally rolling my eyes and invisioning Sean's death.

"They were all good things don't worry... he never mentioned how beautiful you were though" he said looking up at me and smiling. I could suddenly feel my cheeks start burning. It was like my cheeks were actually on fire.

"Have you known Sean long?" He asked .

"Around a year I guess, he introduced me to New York when I first moved here and has been like a big brother to me since."

"He's a good guy, been my best friend for as long as I can remember" He replied.

Suddenly one of my favorite songs came on. I hopped off the truck with Norman following me. We made our way into the crowd as he grabbed ahold of me and we started dancing. I began singing along with the lyrics.

"She had a shiney little Beemer with the ragtop down, sittin in the drive but she wouldn't get out.

The dogs were all barkin' and waggin' around and I just laughed and said y'all get in. She had on a new dress and she curled her hair.

She was lookin to good not to go somewhere. She said what do you want to do baby I don't care. We can go to a show, we can stay out here"

Suddenly it seemed like everyone was singing the chorus including Norman.

"And I can take you for a ride on my big green tractor, we can go slow or make it go faster down through the woods or out to the pasture long as I'm with you it really don't matter,

Climb up in my lap and drive if you want to, girl you know you got me to hold onto, we can go to town, but baby if you'd rather I'll take you for a ride on my big green tractor."

Norman spun me around and I fell into his arms laughing. I hadn't been this outgoing in forever. He held me there for a few minutes and we just danced and talked.

"That was fun" I giggled.

"You know I would have never thought in a million years that a beautiful girl like you could dance and sing like that"

"What's that supposed to mean!?" I asked him, hitting him playfully on the chest.

"Hey! I'm just saying you are a beautiful woman with a beautiful voice and even more beautiful dance moves" He replied laughing.

I began to blush again and my face was about ten shades of red when Sean came over to join us. We made our way back to his truck and he was stumbling quite a bit along with slurring most of his speech which immediately indicated that he had drank one too many. To be honest it was probably ten to many but I didn't say anything.

Norman decided to drive us all home and of course I got stuck in between the two. Norman switched the radio on so it was playing quietly and I was messing around with my fingers. Sean had already passed out and we had only been on the road for no longer than ten minutes.

***

Norman helped Sean out of the truck while I grabbed his apartment keys and opened his door. He laid Sean down on his bed and came back out to the living room where I was already laying on the couch.

"I take it you want me to sleep in the guest bedroom" Norman said sitting down on the recliner.

"I'm not sleeping in there, that room gives me the creeps." I pulled the blanket up to my neck and turned on the tv. After scrolling through the channels for five minutes we decided on "The Hangover"

I shut my eyes and thought about the night I just enjoyed. Sean was actually right for once, I did have a good time...I had better then a good time, it was really fun getting to know Norman. Before I knew it I had drifted off into a deep sleep.
//////
Did you guys like this poorly thought out chapter? Just kidding...kinda, but I have good plans for this book so leave votes and comments for more chapters
Norman kisses
xxxx
-Chloe:)