Chapter 5: Fights & Arguments

Juliets POV:
I opened the bathroom door and felt my foot brush up against something hairy. I jumped back not knowing what it was but I soon heard it meow. "Jesus Christ" I mumbled, bending down to pet it. "Hey girl" I whispered, smoothing the fur on her back. I went back to bed and sooner or later I finally drifted off to sleep.
***
I awoke to the smell of bacon and in an instant I was in the kitchen looking for Norman. Seeing that Norman was out of sight I stuck my finger in the pancake batter to have a little taste. "What are you doing to my breakfast?" Norman questioned.

I turned around with a smile on my face only to see Norm's blank expression. "It tastes good" I replied, shrugging my shoulders. "I already knew that" he said after I'd sat down at the table. I pulled out my phone and realized my brother had texted me.
                     Gabe
Kids want to see you, suprose them at sunday dinner tonight?

Sure, can I bring someone?

                     Gabe
Sure, see the two of you tonight

I set my phone down on the table and took a sip of the coffee Norman had just handed me. He placed a plate of pancakes, syrup, and sausage down on the table and sat across from me.

"Do you want to come to dinner with me at my brothers' tonight?"

"Your brother?"

"Yeah, is that okay?...I mean he has three kids and a dog but he's a pretty chill guy"

"That's fine with me, whatever you want to do J"

We finished eating and Norman dropped me off at my apartment. I told him that I'd pick him up around 5 and we'd go straight to my brothers'. Then I went inside to take a, much needed, relaxing bath.

The hot water had steamed the room up and it was quite hard to breath but I didn't care. Even as a kid I loved hot showers, the scalding water relieved stress and pain on any part of my body.
After a long, long bath I finally got out and decided on an outfit. Nothing fancy just some black skinny jeans, a long sleeve shirt with a scarf, my black knee high boots, and I even painted my nails and added some earings.

 Nothing fancy just some black skinny jeans, a long sleeve shirt with a scarf, my black knee high boots, and I even painted my nails and added some earings

By the time I finished it was already time to go pick up Norman. I grabbed my purse and headed to the car. The drive to his apartment was quiet, I didn't even turn on the radio because that required energy and I was just so wore out for some reason. I was sitting there thinking when I seen Norman standing at the corner waving to me.

"Hey" He said opening the door. I threw a smile his way and put the car in reverse.

"You look great"

"Thanks" I replied, biting the inside of my lip.

"So about your brother and his family..." He asked giving me a weary look.

"What about them?" I questioned.

"I don't know, just tell me bout' them"

"Well the oldest is Taylor, she's seventeen, then there's Jace, he's 12, and finally baby Knox, he just turned 2, oh yeah, and they have a dog named Buddy." By the time I finished talking we had pulled into their driveway. They lived in a moderatly large house and it was very pretty.

We knocked on the door and my brothers' wife Kendra answered.

"JJ!" She exclaimed, pulling me into a hug. Just then Gabe walked up behind her and grabbed me.

"Hey little sister" I cringed at the nickname and pulled out of his tight grip.

"This is my- norman, this is Norman" I staggered out. Both Kendra and Gabe shook his hands.

"Your Norman?" Gabe asked me.

"You know what I meant shut up Gabe" I said, slapping his arm.

"Where are the kids." I tried at changing the subject. We followed them into the living room, while he kept talking.

"Where are they always?" He sounded a bit annoyed by my question.

"Okay, where's my baby at."

"Right here" Kendra said handing him over to me. Norman was standing next to me, watching me, not in a weird way though, just watching me with Knox.

Using a baby-ish voice I started talking to him. "Hi knoxy" I just held him there, while everyone else was engaging in a conversation. Out of no where Jace came into the room.

"Hey Aunt JJ" We did our little fist-bump as he went onto Norman.

"Jace, Norman, Norman, Jace." I spoke.

"Do you like basketball? I just got this new game if you wanna come play it with me" He asked exitedly.

"Um- sure" Norman smiled back, looking at me like it was my decision if he could go back with him. Jesus he was still a child at heart.

"Dinner will be ready soon" Kendra added before they both  went downstairs.

I sat Knox down in his highchair and took a seat next to him.
"So what's this thing going on between you two?" I turned to face my brother before I said anything.

"Nothing, we're just...friends." He raised his eyebrows and shot me that I-know-you're-lying look but I ignored it and turned back around to Knox. At least one person loved me.

"I don't want you dating him J, he looks twice your age." That made me snap my head around.

"Look Gabe, I'm twenty-nine years old and I can make my own decisions on who I date or who I don't. He's a really nice guy, even Sean told me he's great." I shot back.

"Even Sean told me he's great" He mimicked. I'd just gotten here and I was already fed up with my brother.

"Would it kill you to let me be happy again? Or do you just like me being depressed so you can be the oh-so-great-brother coming to the rescue to make me happy. You wanna know something Gabe? I miss mom too okay so stop acting like it's just you who's hurting! I'm sick of it, I'm so fucking sick of your shit Gabe. I thought this was gonna be a good dinner, getting to see you guys again and everything, but you're still the same as you were last month and the 34 years before that. I was wrong but arn't I always?" I gritted through my teeth. Just as I got done Norman came back through the door. "Tell the kids I love them and I'll take them out sometime next week." I breathed out. I got up to get my shoes on when I felt Gabes strong hand spin me around.

"Do you wanna know something Juliet? I can't tell the kids that because they'll get their hopes up and you'll never come! You're  the one that needs to stop, you think your the oh-so-perfect aunt but your not, not even close." I pulled out of his grip and turned back around for the tenth time. I kissed Knox on his head as he started crying. I couldn't be in there any longer so I took Normans hand in mine and let myself out of their house, slamming the door behind me.

"JJ are you alright?" Concern rising in his voice. I was a few steps in front of him but I kept at the same speed.

"Can you just take me home?" I tried sounding calm but you could hear the rage in my voice.

Some people can't stand their siblings. Some people have a deep hatred for their siblings. I fall into each of those categories.

Hi,,it's currently midnight so yeah this chapters cringy and boring... thanks for over 50 reads though:)
Norman kisses
xxxx