College acquaintances

Hamiltons perspective:

After I arrived in New York, it wasn't long before I began to find my feet in the big city. Naturally, I was phased by the bustling streets and crowds but I soon realised it was where I was made to be. I had never particularly liked the quiet before so growing up was always challenging- I was constantly taking care of my ill mother, so I never had time (or, in other words, patience) for friendships or relationships. My time was spent on tending to my mothers needs even when I, myself, became ill.

After mourning my mothers death, the small town I lived in was so moved by my story they funded for my education in New York. I can't ever remember feeling a hint of hesitance before accepting the offer.

It isn't that I disliked my hometown; no in fact my neighbours had always been cheerful and happy, even after the hurricane. It was the fact that I had longed for something bigger- I had always been opinionated- yes- but who could I share those opinions to in a small town? Not many, to answer that question.

Either way, I wholeheartedly accepted the offer as to move to NYC and start afresh.

I vividly remember meeting Herc, Laf and Laurens. They were all sat together in the library arguing over who got to drink from a bottle of Pepsi first. I walked in and they beckoned me over, and I willingly sat down.

"Hey, new kid, Alex, I think your name was, choose a random one of us." Herc said demandingly, but not disrespectfully.

I shrugged and nodded to the smallish one in the middle, John Laurens. Laf and Herc sighed.

"I guess that's that then! Laurens gets first sip." Laf sighed, speaking with a thick French accent.

Laurens winked at me and smiled.
"Thanks kid. We're gonna be good friends. Introduce yourself, maybe?", John asked gently.

From that moment onwards I had experienced the most entertaining moments of my life with the three of them. We were known as "The gang" growing up. It had always stuck, I'm not too sure how it came about though. All I knew was that I would trust em' with my life.

As the years passed, Laurens and I became closer than I had been with Laf and Herc, and we bonded naturally. When I was around Laurens, it was as if the world was working as it should be. Everything went smoothly, like there was a soothing yellow light always surrounding us. Calmness and tranquility, maybe.

We discussed things that, maybe, other people wouldn't discuss. We went as far as to talk about our sexuality, revealing that the both of us were bisexual. It was comforting to me to have someone so close and relating as a friend.

It was when I reached third year that I began to question my feelings towards Laurens. My mental stability was a clusterfuck, but I continued to fall deeper in love with Laurens, day by day.

NOTE: this was a long chapter! Chapter length will vary depending on my inspiration lol.
-L