The 'date'

Warning: this chapters is pretty smutty I have no shame and it's also very long so be prepared

Hamiltons POV:

Suddenly, he grabbed my hand and I felt a warm sensation rise up my arm.

"Lets go then.." I said anxiously; I couldn't understand why I was anxious, I had been good friends with Laurens for a long time. Lau and I were going on a date, right? So why was I so embarrassed?

As we were walking to the beach, we began to talk, his voice putting me at ease, and by the time we had reached the icecream stall, I had completely forgotten my worries and was, instead, keeling over, my sides aching from laughing. Laurens had just told me about the time he broke his arm, he was riding his bike when he was 11 and had been dared to do a wheelie. He was reluctant but did so and the bike toppled on top of him and his mates were screaming because of the state of his arm. He described it so well that I couldn't help laughing with him although I imagine it was a bad experience.

This is why I love you, Laurens. You make light of everything.

"What can I get you two?", the woman behind the stall said. She was called Lottie, as read her name tag.

"Uh... you go first Laur?" I nodded to him and he shrugged it off.

"I'll take a ninety nine. What are you having Alex?", he said, poking me in the ribs gently which made me shiver.

I scanned over the menu and made my decision, "I'll have a twister please. I'll pa-"

"No you won't, Alex.", Laurens smiled, laying a crumpled note on the counter and told Lottie to keep the change.

He wrapped his arm around my side and pulled me into him. He smelled fresh and sweet, like mint, and I sniffed in his scent, attempting to retain my normal heartbeat which didn't seem to be working. I looked at him and lay my head on his shoulder.

"What took you so long, Alex?", his voice disturbed the quiet air and I looked at him, puzzled.

"I mean, what.. what took you so long to.. you know, ask me out.." he asked, cocking his head and blushing.

I could have let out a small gasp, but a know I started sweating. I could feel my hair sticking to my face, and I pushed it away and tucked it back into place.

"Oh uh.. I.." I tried to think of any reasons other than I was embarrassed but I really couldn't conjure anything up.

We sat down on a sand dune and looked out to the sea, not making eye contact, but still making conversation.

"Laurens, I like you a lot. I guess I was nervous that you would reject my offer.. I've fallen in love with you and I couldn't stop it and you've never shown any interest in me that I've noticed. After all of those bad dates Laf and Herc tried setting me up with, I gave up. But you-"
I was cut short by the feeling of Laurens lips on my own. Soft and relaxed, kissing was natural to him. His hand moved to my lower back and I swallowed the lump in my throat, his hand moving down, lower. We were lucky the beach was practically empty. His hand was warm against my cold lower back and I kissed him passionately, he introduced tongue and he sucked on my lip tenderly. That was it. I felt a strange sense of panic and my face warm.

"L-Lau..," I said through gasps, "c-can we go home and do this... I'd be more comfortable..."

Lau looked surprised and smiled softly.