Rumours, confessions and acceptance

Hamiltons POV:

Later that week, I received a knock on the door, at 6am. It was way too early for anyone sane to be knocking on our door and I looked over at Lau, fast asleep. He twitched momentarily and sighed. I smiled and kissed his cheek before standing up and shuffling to the door. I didn't realise I was stark until I felt a cold wind blow past me and I shuddered, picking up the nearest pair of boxers. Laus. I shrugged and walked to the door, standing so whoever it was wouldn't see I was half naked. I unlocked the door and a surprised face greeted me. Eliza looked at me for a second and shook her head, walking in like she owned the place.

"Eliza? Why are you here so early.." I yawned and attempted to hide the fact that I was wearing Laurens dirty boxers, standing behind the counter where she couldn't see.

She motioned me to sit down and I shook my head.

"Uh.. no, I'm going to make some coffee. Just tell me why you're here. Want any, by the way?" I asked, embarrassed.

"Well, Alex, there have been... a few rumours going around.." she blushed and turned away and I stood confused in the cold.

"Like what?"

"Alex can't you just sit down here?" It was more of a demand than a request and I laughed anxiously.

"Uh.. no... I'm only in my boxers and I'm sure you wouldn't want to see that"

She rolled her eyes and sat down on our old worn out sofa.

"Alex just come and sit down. I've seen you in your boxers before, haven't I?"

"I don't think so, Eliza."

I shook my head and made my way over and sat down with a warm cup of coffee in my lap, trying to hide Laus underwear.

"Alex they're way too big for you. They.." she stopped and thought about what she was going to say and laughed.

"So they were right." She remarked, and I squinted at her, confused.

"You and Laurens. You're a thing, right?" She said loudly and I shushed her and winced.

"Where did you hear that? These boxers are.. uh... I bought the wrong size..." I said, pulling up the elastic and hiding myself.

Eliza smiled at me gently and placed her hand on mine.

"Rumours going round that you two were.. occupied... some time this week... and now you're wearing his boxers? Alex you can't hide it."

I blushed and felt my voice crack as if I was about to cry as I spoke.

"When I realised the curtains were open I felt ashamed, Eliza. I felt awful, really. Lau said not to worry but now our secret is out, isn't it... oh my god.."

I placed my head in my hands and sobbed quietly.

"N-no, Alex. Don't worry, Ang saw it and asked me about it. She said she thought she was dreaming and I said she probably was. Alex... why didn't you tell me.."

I looked up at her, tears running down my cheeks and I blushed again, ashamed.

"I just.. I wasn't ready, Eliza..," I said, hiccuping,"I thought maybe you wouldn't want to be friends if you knew me and Lau were.. you know.. getting it off together every night.." I cried into my hands and shook with anxiety.

Eliza shook her head and smiled.

"Alex, I'm happy for you guys. I'd always had my suspicions, when you arrived late for arithmetic, gasping with ruffled hair, half dressed, saying you were late because you tripped over. That wasn't like you, Alex."

I thought back to that day. I was truly late because of Lau but we couldn't stop midway. We continued until it reached ten and I remembered I had another lesson to go to. When I arrived I knew I looked awful and I was still breathing heavily after being with Lau.

"When you were in the same philosophy lesson as him and I, and you'd both look at each other, excited."

Eliza patted my shoulder and smiled.

"Can I see Lau?" She asked and I shrugged.

"Lau? Lau? Can Eliza come see you?"

I heard a mumble and assumed it was a yes and he lay on the bed fully exposed. I felt my heart skip a beat and I rushed over and pulled the bedsheets over him. He looked up and realised Eliza was there blushing and saw me dressed in his boxers. He cocked his head, confused and blushed realising what had just happened.

"Sorry you had to see that, Eliza.." he muttered apologetically.

Eliza laughed awkwardly and sat down on our bed delicately. She nodded at him and I rolled my eyes.

"Uh, Lau.. I think Eliza has us figured out.."

Lau looked up, startled, sweating.

"Ahaha, what do you mean?"

Eliza looked at me and beckoned me to continue.

"Angelica saw us on Friday... when.. the curtains weren't closed.." I whispered and Lau choked on his own saliva.

"Oh.. right.. uh.. we didn't want you finding out this way, Eliza.."

She shook her head and smiled gently at Lau and I.

"You guys are adorable together. I'm so happy for you both." She looked around at the messy room and saw a few things we'd forgotten to throw away or hide, like the lube containers. Endless amounts of empty bottles and I could see her grinning and blushing.

I walked her out and to the door.

"I'm glad you guys are happy, Alexander. Also.. can.. can you.. take all of that..?" she muttered quietly and shook her head, uncomfortable.

I laughed, casually kissing her cheek.

"Damn right I can, Eliza. Damn right."