Chapter 7

Today was the day, playing Singleton at the Sandlot. I've been waiting to beat his ass ever since the first grade, we've all wanted too.

~towards the end of the game~

Singleton was winning, 5-4. I was up to bat with 2 outs, David on 1st and Tarquell on 3rd, with a 1-3 count. Hitting wasn't my best but I've been getting better at it. The ball was pitch right down the middle of the plate and I swung. *DINK* I HIT THE BALL!... 2 feet in front of home plate 😒. Everyone froze until David started running towards second and me to first. Singleton threw the ball to first from the plate, and it was over thrown. I kept running as fast as I could, and I could here Singleton faintly say in the distance, "Fuck!!" and his helmet hit the dirt. Now I was the fastest runner on the team and I just passed the second baseman as the right fielder got the ball. He went for the long throw to third with two bounces before it got to short stop. Now I just passed third as the ball came into his glove. He threw the ball home to Singleton, and I put on my jets sprinting as fast as I could. Singleton just caught the ball as I was 1 foot in front of him. He used the momentum from the catch to elbow me right in my side so hard that I fell down. I fell down so hard that I think I injured something. It was a blur but I could see everyone angrily running over to beat up Singleton, and David was in front. I was smiling a bit, but still in pain. I saw David punch Singleton before I blacked out. I felt two people at my side pick me up and that woke me up. Saul and Tarquell were carrying me off the field. "Don't you ever push a girl, you jerk!" David said. I felt a tear run down my face. It was because of joy and sadness. "If she wants to play with the guys, she's gonna be treated like one, dumbass." Singleton said back. I was still crying but wanted to punch him square in the face. David did for me though and said, "She's more of a man than you'll ever be!" I wasn't sure if I was being friend zoned or not. What David said hurt me, but also made me a bit happy that he will do anything for me.

Once Singleton and his team left, Saul and Tarquell sat me in the dugout. I couldn't feel my right ankle, it didn't feel broken but it really hurt. David came over to comfort me. Hailey sat next to David and tried to act like she cared. I didn't even acknowledge her, and focused on what everyone else was trying to do to help me. Saul brought his bike over and had me sit in the side car. He rode his bike all the way to my house with everyone right behind us, except for Hailey, Penny, and Jenny. Fingers rode my bike.

My mom took me to the hospital. David wanted to come to make sure I was okay, and my moon let him. The doctor took and x-ray, and we waited a ten minutes for the results. "Michelle, it looks like your right ankle is..."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N
Don't hate me guys but i like leaving cliff hangers because "you never know what you're gonna get" (hearts to you if you know which movie that quote comes from). And sorry it took me 8 months to write another chapter I just got really lazy and didn't feel like writing. I probably won't write in a while again because of school soooooooo... ✌🏻(for now)