8

I wore a sequin dress that came to my mid thigh and a a pair of heels. I wore my hair in a high pony tail and did my make up. A smokey eye and sparkly lip gloss. I texted Jc and told him I was ready to go. Jc borrowed a friends car and we drove to a club. Jc was tense the whole way there. "J-Jc I know you're still mad." I stuttered a little. Jc scared me when he was angry. His grip around the wheel tightened. "Im fine." He barked. I sighed and stayed quiet for the rest of the ride. We got to the club and got out. I had never been to this one before but it looked really shady. "Jc what are we doing here?" I asked. "Im gonna have some fun." He smirked deviously. I raised an eyebrow and he pulled me inside forcefully. We walked in and the smell of alcohol hit me like a brick wall. Jc pulled me to the bar and ordered himself a drink. I ordered me a glass of scotch but Jc told the guy to poor me a girlier drink. "Jc I'm not a light weight." "Just drink it." He groaned. I sighed and downed my martini. "I'm going to dance." Jc said. I nodded. "I said I'm going to dance." he pulled me up harshly. I pushed him off of me. "Look I know what I did was wrong but I'm not a fucking rag doll!" I yelled at him. He glared at me and walked to the dance floor without me, getting lost in the crowd. I sat back down at the bar and order a few shots of vodka. After I downed them I walked into the crowd and found Jc grinding on some girl. I pulled him off of her and he pushed me away. He grabbed the girl and kissed her. Something in me broke. I ran out and tripped in the parking lot. I threw my heels at the car and ran bare foot down the road as fast as I could. I got home and realized I had ran nonstop for the last few miles. My lungs burned and the rest of my body ached. I went up to my room and threw my clothes into my suitcase. I can't stay in San Antonio any longer. I knew exactly where to go. California. I had always wanted to go but I was gonna wait until I graduated. I would be 18 in a few weeks but I couldn't wait until then. I checked my messages and saw a text from Karen.

K: On my way home be there at around 2

I checked the clock it was almost 2

A: Trevor stayed at a friends to study tonight

She texted back a few minutes later

K: He told me im pullin in now

She pulled into the driveway and I ran downstairs. She came in smiling at first and then looked at me. "AJ were you at a party tonight?" I nodded. "AJ I don't want you going anywhere without telling me." "I know I'm sorry but we need to talk." She frowned but sat down. "What is it?" I sat next to her. I told her about Brent and Jc and then about how I wanted to leave. "Your not even 18 yet and you haven't finished high school." She protested. "Ill be 18 in a few weeks and I can do online school. I have the money I've been saving since I was a kid." She bit her lip and furrowed her brow then sighed. "Are you sure this is what you want?" She asked. "Im positive." "I give it a month. If you don't like it you can come home. Not a day after. Got it." I nodded. "How soon can I go?" I asked. "We will look for apartments in the morning and if we find one ill help you move in this weekend." I smiled and hugged her. I ran up to my room and started packing my things. Someone knocked at my window. I froze. Dustin was my first thought then Jc. I looked over to the window and sighed, it was just Kian. I let him in and he sat on my bed. "H-hey Keen. What are you doing here so late?" I smiled. "Couldn't sleep so I decided to walk around the neighborhood and saw your light was on. You ok girly you look like a mess." Kian said. I chuckled. "Long couple of days." I sighed. "What's been up? I know you lied this morning about being "ok" so tell me, is it Jc?" I sighed and came clean. I told him Dustin stopped by, Brent tried to hook up in detention, and about Jc kissing that girl, I even told him about moving to California. Through the whole conversation his emotions jumped around. He went from fear, to jealousy, to anger, to sadness. "I know how to solve these problems." He smiled. "How?" "Lets call the cops on Dustin, tell Brent to buzz off, punch Jc and then you can stay." He smiled. I chuckled. "Keen...." I thought about it. "Look I don't even know where Dustin is so we can't call the cops. Brent would continue to hit on me regardless. And we do not hit people." "You punched Nikki." He chuckled. I sighed. "We don't hit unless they hurt or kiss the person we love." "Well Jc did both so I'm gonna hit him twice." He smiled and kissed my temple. "Kian do what you want but I don't approve. And I still wanna go to California." He looked at me with his hazel eyes. "AJ if you go ill follow you. I can't be without you. You're my best friend and I love you." He hugged me. "Kian I'm not letting you come with me." "You can't stop me." He said sternly. I groaned and went to my closet and put on a pair of shorts and a big T-shirt and then laid back on my bed. He laid next to me and we stared at the stars I painted above my bed in glow in the dark paint when I was a kid. Kian intertwined our fingers. "I'm not letting you go AJ." He whispered before I let the exhaustion of these last two days take over.