Chapter 9

P.O.V-Lexxe

I look over at Luca and Breanne, and notice that Breanne was lying back against Luca’s chest. Luca had his arms wrapped around her waist and was supporting her. Breanne stirs and Luca starts stroking her hair in a trance like state. She instinctively leans into his touch, and then is still again. I look back at Damon who still seems stiff and uncomfortable sitting with me. “You can get some sleep if you want.” He says to me.

        “Yeah, right you’ll drop me and I think we are going to land soon anyway.” I say looking for the sign saying that we are at our halfway point. After flying for what seemed like hours I finally saw the green sign saying welcome to Illinois. I got Luca and Acheron’s attention then started pointing to the ground below us signaling to land.

        When we finally land and get camp set up the sun is setting. I watch as the world goes from colors of green and brown to brilliant shades of gold, orange, and pink. Finally there is the transition from night to day, and it is truly beautiful. I turn around and sit beside Damon who is trying yet failing to get a fire started.

        “Damon, can you please step back from the “fire”, and let me take care of it.”

        “Sure, I guess, but I warn you it is a lot harder than it looks,” he says stepping away from me “Don’t be too discouraged if you don’t get it on the first try.”

        I smile at him, “Don’t worry I don’t think it will be too hard.” I walk over to the pile of twigs and leaves, and close my eyes. I start to concentrate on the electricity that is always running through my blood thanks to my father, then I expel it outward towards the twigs and leaves, which almost immediately makes them catch fire. Most people mistake my power as fire, but I actually have a lot of electricity coursing through my body that I change into a really high voltage, which then makes the things I hit it with, catch fire. It is not nearly as complicated as it sounds, or maybe it is, but I have been able to conduct the electricity in my body since I was a child so it is as easy as walking for me.

        “Well that is one way to do it, I guess,” said Damon “I thought electricity was Zeus’ power though not Menoestius.”

        “When my father fought Zeus he ended up getting hit with so much electricity that it became permanently engrained in his body. So since I’m his child it is a part of me.”

        Damon looked at me then shook his head and laughed “Oh, i’m going to pretend like I know what your talking about even though I have absolutely no idea. So basically your powers look like Breanne’s, but they are completely different. ”

Damon looked at me and laughed nervously, “That is hard to understand even for a son of Athena. So if that is your power what is Breanne, and how does healing play a part in electricity?”

        “I don’t know much about Bre’s powers, but healing is just a little extra quirk for me. I mean I think the reason that I can do it has something to do with sending electricity through people’s nervous systems at specific frequency which then accelerates their healing or makes that person unable to heal depending on how much I like them,” I say laughing maniacally. “So there you have it the only power I have is electricity, just used very smartly. Lame, I know, but that’s the gene pool for ya.”

Damon looked at me and began laughing so hard he rolled onto the ground clutching his sides, “haha…if that’s lame…hehe…then…haha…I’m really really lame. Dude your like a portable lightning bolt! That is one of the best powers I’ve ever heard of.”

I smiled, Damon thought I was awesome….well, my power, but it’s a part of me so by extension he thinks I’m awesome! I was so happy that I accidently caught the leaves surrounding me on fire. I guess I was a bit too excited.