Chapter 9 The Story of Neru

"Are you going to the Floor Boss as well?", I asked Kuzo anxiously. "Yes, we are!", Haru said excitedly. "Haru, you weren’t supposed to say anything!", Kuzo said with an angry tone. "Sorry, Kuzo but unlike you I trust these guys.", Haru said with an attitude. Kuzo rolled his eyes. "What’s his problem?", Nobuna asked Haru. "I don’t think you want to know.", Haru said. "Just tell me, I won’t tell anyone.", Nobuna said desperately wanting to know. "Okay, well before Kuzo and I there was another. It was a girl and, sadly enough, it was his sister. Her name was Neru. We were still newbies at the game, and she suggested to go here in the forest, even though we were still low levels just to look through. Well apparently we weren’t careful enough and we ran into a high level monster and it took Neru’s life. Kuzo and I were fortunate enough to run away in time but Neru was too enthusiastic and stayed to fight it.", Haru answered. "Oh..", Nobuna said sadly. "Anyways let’s not keep on the downside, eh?", Haru said happily. "Yeah, okay.", Nobuna answered solemnly. We had gone through vines, trees, monsters, and everything you could imagine going in a virtual forest and just when we thought we were going to give up, we found the lair of the Floor Boss. "Is this it?", I asked. "If I’m not mistaken, yes.", Kuzo said. "Let’s go, let’s go, let’s go!", Haru said impatiently. "Hold on.", I said, "Yuno use your Hidden Eye spell to see if there are any traps set to screw us up.", I said being cautious. "Okay.", she said. She started to chant the spell in words we could not understand. "There are no traps set.", she said. "Alright let’s go through.", I said. We stepped into the room and saw an enormous beast appear before our eyes.