15. See You Later Tarzan

Light fills my eyes, and the only thing on my mind is him. I never thought that a small crush like this would've escalated so much, I just don't know if this is a good or bad thing. I was never the one to put my heart out there, but with Tyler it's just different.

I turn slightly to see Tyler peacefully sleeping. He looked like a little boy, the way his lips curled into a smile and his cheeks holding a slight tinge of red. He was by far the most amazing person I've ever met in my life, and I am so glad that it's him lying beside me this morning.

I could stay here forever, but the sudden fear of my mom walking into my room scared the hell out of me.

"Hey, wake up." I say, softly poking his cheek.

He doesn't move or flutter his eyes open. Instead he opens his mouth to mouth the words "one minute." I can't help it, but my eyes trails down to his lips. I try to stop myself, but it's impossible. Everything inside of me tells me to get up and wake him up, but then there is that other part of me. The love sick teenage girl that's telling me to go ahead and do it.

Who do you think I listened to?

I slowly press my lips against his, wondering if he's going to freak out when he wakes up to me kissing him. But all the worry melts away and I forget about everything. He says something, but it runs right past me, the only thing I'm thinking about is him.

I pull away and in that moment his eyes flutter open.

"I don't know if I was dreaming or not, but did you just kiss me?" he asks, staring into my eyes.

"Um, what do you want to hear?" I ask nervously.

"You tell me." He says, sitting up and leaning against my headboard.

"Can I ask you a question? I ask, and start speaking once he nods his head in approval. "Is there any other reason that you followed us home last night?"

"I don't know how to answer that without sounding like a complete idiot."He sighs.

"You could never sound like an idiot around me."

"Well, okay then, here it goes. When I told you that we should just be friends the other day, I didn't mean it. I guess I was just scared. I mean it was clear to me that you were caught up all in Luke, and I thought it's what you wanted. And when I saw you guys at the party it killed me. He was going to run after you, but I told him not to. I wanted to be with you. I always want to be with you." He says, fiddling with his hands.

"Tyler, I just don't get it. One minute we're kissing, then we're friends, and now this. This is literally the definition of an emotional rollercoaster." I tell him, a little more aggravated than happy at his revelation.

"Wait, so you're not happy about anything I just told you? I mean, I thought you liked me." He says, a look of confusion and frustration on his face.

"I do like you, I really do. I'm happy too, but I just feel like this whole thing is on your terms." I say, motioning between us two.

"Are you kidding? The minute you left me in the stables, you went and had a make out session with Luke. And you think that I have control! When he told me that you guys did it, I was so close to beating the crap out of the dude, I just couldn't ----"

"Wait slow down. Did it? What are you talking about? We never did anything like that." I tell him, trying to figure this all out in my head.

"You don't have to lie to me. Luke gave some pretty intimate details." Tyler scoffs.

"Believe me, I'm not lying. I don't know what kind of jerk would ever say that about a girl. All Luke and I did was kiss and nothing more. He may have wanted that, but I'm not that kind of girl. I just wish you knew that." I tell him, shaking my head. Saddened at how quick Tyler was to think that I would do that.