Harmless, Right???

The next couple of days consist of me not talking to my mom and doing chores with Tyler. Same old same old.

Tyler seems be more quiet each day, and I wonder if I am a part in that. I haven't been in the greatest mood lately. Ever since witnessing my mom's disgusting flirting tactics, I haven't had a real conversation in a long time.

The sad thing is that I don't really care or want to talk to my mom anymore at this point. I know that may sound heartless, but what she did was wrong, and if she expects me to forgive her like that, she thought wrong.

So now I'm here, on a humid Friday, feeding the pigs garbage with Tyler. I can't say that I haven't got better at this chore thing, but just because I've gotten better, doesn't mean I enjoy it.

I watch Tyler as he expertly throws the foul pig's food into their pen. His muscles flex, and I have to admit he looks good. He has on a cowboy hat, a white t- shirt that hugs his chest, and a pair of jeans that hug his butt perfectly. Did I really just say that?

"Well we're done here." Tyler says, rubbing his dirty hands together.

"Finally." I groan, walking back to his truck.

"Wait I have something to ask you." he says, catching up to me.

"Yeah?"

"Well your mom wanted me to invite you to the bonfire on the lake tonight." he tells me.

"Look, I don't want to be a tag along. So I'm not interested and you can tell my mom that." I say, walking away from him.

I feel his arm grab onto mine, and I cringe at him. Thinking about all the dirt and scum that covers his hands. "It's not like that."

"Like what?" I ask, getting annoyed.

"Like that. I want you to come. I think you need to get around people other than me and your mom." he says with a humorous tone. I don't laugh.

"Who's going to be there?" I ask.

"Teens basically." he answers.

"Fine, but if it's as boring as this town, I will leave asap." I tell him.

He laughs at my snarky remark, and I just roll my eyes. I can't get over the fact that I think he is doing this out of pity. I mean does he think I'm just some antisocial loner. I want to tell him I have friends, their just spending their summer like normal teenagers should, happily. But I don't say anything, instead I hop into the passenger side of his truck, and try to enjoy the silent ride to the house.

Tyler tells me to be ready by 7 o' clock. I just nod at his words and enter the semi big house. My mom is sitting in the living room when I walk in, and I try my best to ignore her.

"Ava, can you come in here?' she says.

"No?" I say, stopping myself before going up the stairs.

"Now." she commands.

I groan in annoyance as I make my way into the living room. I lean against the wall, waiting for my mom to speak.

"You're not going to sit?"she asks.

"No." I simply state.

"Ok, well did Tyler tell you about the bonfire?"

"Yes."

"Are you going?"

"Yes."

"Oh ok." she smiles, but I don't return it.

"Whatever." I say, turning around, heading to the stairs.

Right asI'm halfway up the staircase,I hear her say, "You can't stay mad at me forever."