vier

my hands gripped my phone quite tightly, what is he going to think of me? maybe he will leave.. they all do. i try to regulate my breathing, only to have my hands grip onto the edge of my seat. ryan notices my expression, immediately pulling out of the street, and a few blocks away from the restaurant. i close my eyes, i hate when this happens.

a few more minutes, that's all. finding the courage to open my eyes, ryan looks at me worried as usual.

"do not be afraid, ms. parker. things will go well, if you have a problem, you know what to do."

he raises his eyebrows at me, i give him a weak smile. we went through this process when i was younger, if the guy wasn't right or frightened me in any way; i'd press this button on my ankle bracelet that signaled ryan to come to my rescue as a security guard or even a fiancé. nodding my head, he begins to drive to the restaurant, he opens my door. people stared as usual, what joy it is to be the daughter of a business legend.

ryan drives off back into a safe corner, guarding me at all times. here goes, looking at my phone's clock, 6:55pm. i see a persons hand waving in front of me, oh shit.

"laura?"

a deep anger resonated in the bottomless pit of my broken heart. he stood around two feet away, his brown hair tousled into a sleek haircut. his grey suit shined ever so brightly to his diamond smile that i once fell for years ago.

"stefan,"

i could tell i growled his name, even without hearing. he knew i had a death wish on him, he acted as if nothing ever happened between us.

"it's been so long, how are you?"

his mouth is agape while looking at me up and down, two years. you left me all alone at that altar.

"i'm great, i have to go-"

hurriedly turning away, i walk to an employee at the front of the restaurant. i could feel stefan's presence behind me, where's shawn? feeling a masculine hand at my arm, i freeze.

"let go."

my voice is dangerously quiet, the employee, anna, looks at me in worry. he doesn't let go.

"i'm not going to say it again, stefan."

"i'm sorry, laura."

reading his lips, his face is soaked in regret. i internally laugh.

"how can you say that two years after leaving me alone at our own wedding?"

my voice raises with each word i get out, people began to look at us two. some heard what i had said, their eyes widening, like anna's. stefan is at fault.

"i wasn't sure i wanted to be married so young, laura. please ca-"

"you weren't worried about marrying young, stefan. you just weren't sure if you loved me enough to stay with me for the rest of your god forsaken life."

shrugging off his hold on my arm harshly, i look back to anna. the people turned back to their tables, shock still written on their faces.

"wait a second.. you're laura parker!"

sighing, i put up my fake smile, nodding. anna looks surprised.