032

Ciel woke up the next morning in a hotel bed. His mother sat next to him, softly talking on the phone to someone. He groaned to show he was awake and his mother ended her call quickly.

"Good morning, sleepy bunny." She smiled. Bunny was a childhood nickname, and even at the age of sixteen, it made Ciel happy. "Feeling any better?"

Ciel sat up and regretted it instantly. A broken nose was not a good start to his vacation. His mother handed him some pain killers and a glass of water.

"Your father is bringing some breakfast right now, take some medication so it can kick in when you eat." Rachel said as Ciel swallowed the pills. He didn't realize how dehydrated he was until he chugged the glass of water. He cleared his throat.

"Can I see Alois today?" He leaned back against the headboard.

"As long as you feel better, I don't see why not. He's such a nice young man, but be careful." Rachel tucked some hair behind her ear. She was young despite being a mother, and her face was still showing signs of youthfulness. People often confused them for siblings, actually.

A few minutes later, Vincent knocked at the door. Rachel went and opened it, helping him bring the plates of food inside. Ciel are quickly before deciding to shower.

Thank God for pain killers.