28~Bad Timing

Selena's POV:

I was devastated. My mother laid a comforting hand on my shoulder as tears well up. "Why do women believe men?" she tutted. "I better go and dress." My mother said as Harry entered the room. 

Mother exited and Harry crosses to me. He regards me coldly for a moment, the slaps me across the face. My face was burning and tears were strolling down my face but I refused to react. "It is a little slut, isn't it?" he spat.

Harry grabbed my shoulders roughly. "Look at me you little—there was a loud knock on the door and an urgent voice. The door opened and their steward puts his head in. "Sir, I've been told to ask you to please put on your lifebelt, and come up to the boat deck" he said worriedly. "Get out! We're busy!" He squabbled. The steward persists, coming in to get the lifebelts down from the top of a dresser. 

"I'm sorry about the inconvenience, Mr Styles, but its captain's orders. Please dress warmly, its quiet cold tonight. He looked at me with worried eye and hands to me a lifebelt, "Not to worry, miss, I'm sure it's just a precaution." He fakes smiled. "This is ridiculous!" Harry shouted. In the corridor outside the stewards are being so polite and obsequious they are conveying no sense of danger whatsoever. However, it's another story in....

A large number of first Class passengers have gathered near the staircase. They were getting indignant about the confusion. Molly Brown snags a passing young steward. "What's doing, sonny? You've got us all trussed up and now we're cooling our heels!" She laughed, fanning her face rapidly. 

The young steward backs away, actually stumbling on the stairs dropping a few lifebelts "S-orry, ma'am. Let me go and find out" The jumpy piano rhythm comes out of the first class lounge a few yards away. The band leader Wallace Hartley has assembled some of his men on Captain's orders, to allay panic. Styles' entourage comes up to the A-deck foyer. Harry was carrying the lifebelts, almost as an afterthought. I was walking slowly looking around at all the query folks. "It's just the God damned English doing everything by the book." He rolled his eyes. "There's no need for language, Mr Styles. 

Thomas Andrews enters, looking around the magnificent room, I, standing nearby, seeing his heartbroken expression. I walk over to him and Harry goes after me. "I saw the iceberg, Mr Andrews, and I see it in your eyes. Please tell me the truth." I plead. He leaned in closer to me making sure nobody heard. 

"The ship will sink" he whispered. "You're certain!" He nodded. "Yes. In an hour or so....all this. Will be at the bottom of the Atlantic. "My god" Harry said. "The Titanic? Sinking?" He looked around again. "Please tell only who you must, I don't want to be responsible for a panic. And get to a boat quickly. Don't wait. You remember what I told you about the boats?" I shake slowly, "Yes, I understand. Thank you."

Andrews went off, moving among the passengers and urging them to put on their lifebelts and get to the boat.

Reader's Notice:

Hope your starting to understand the story so far, from now on its getting alittle emotional between the two lovebirds....:( Comment if you think they're gonna meet again.

Comment,Vote,Add, make sure to follow me with more recent updates!!!!

Love you all!!!!

Madame_Bieber xxx