Chap. 1 the group.

I've been walking for about six hours. Walking away from my pain and misery beachside out here, emotions equal weekends and when the dead is among us we can't be week to survive.

My younger sister the only one is my family who actually cared about me died. Of course she wasn't an accident so my parents didn't beat her, like they beat me. She told me to keep my hope. To hold on to it. To never let it go. I guess I let my hope go when she died.

I was walking intel I heard a scream. It sound kinda like a little boy scream, I have a soft spot for kids and had to go find the little person.

I was running for about five minute when I saw the little boy on a rock surrounded by Geeks. I took out my bow and drew an arrow. One down. Two down. Three down. All the way to ten.

He looks so scared. He held out his arms and opened and closed his hands signaling me to help him down. The little boy looks about 1 to 2 years old.

"Hey, shh shh. What's your name?" I hope he knows how to talk.

"M-mason." He cried.

"Where's your mommy or daddy Mason?" He hugged me. I tenses up a bit but soon loosened, what? He's a baby. I need to comfort him.

"They w-went outside and d-didn't come back I-in." He cried in his little voice.

"It's okay Mason shh." I said comforting him still standing by the rock. He looked up.

"Could y-you be my m-mommy?" He asked I was tearing up. Maddison emotions make you weak. I took a deep breath. And looked at Mason.

"Sure." He smiled and hugged me.

"What's your name?" He said pointing at me while playing with my hair.

"My names Maddison but you can call me Mom or Mommy, okay?" He kissed my nose. Awww. He's to cute.

"Thanks, Mommy." He said in his cute little voice.

"Welcome. Let's go." I said putting him on my hip.

~~

I was walking still holding Mason while he was sleeping when a read mustang drove by with its horn on.

"M-mommy?!" Mason yelled waking up.

"It's okay Mason, just some idiot with their horn on drive by." He nodded and fell back asleep.

Maybe I should follow the car. He might have a group. But, he also might have some rape gang.

After I had a fight with my brain i decided I'll follow the car.

~~

After I followed the car and the Uhaul truck that was following it I sorta spied on the group of people. There were a variety of people. Men, Women, Children. I think this would be a great place for Mason. What am I saying? Mason isn't even mine and I already feel like I've been with him since he was born.

"Hello?" I asked walking into the camp.

"Hands up!" A guy with a necklace that had the number 22 on it yelled.

"I can't I don't want to drop him. He's sleeping." He looked at a women with long brown hair and motioned to me.

"Here let me take him. He can play with my son over there. How old is he and what's his name?" She said pointing to a little boy playing with a little girl.

"His name is Mason and he's 2." She nodded while I handed Mason over.

He woke up and looked at me.

"Mommy?" He asked.

"It's okay Mason, that nice lady is going to take you to her son and you can play with them. Okay?" He nodded and looked over at the little boy.

"Hey, what's your sons name and yours?" I asked the women carrying Mason.

"He's Carl that's his friend Sophia and I'm Lori." I nodded with a smile.

~~

"What's your name?" A man in a sheriff uniform asked me.

"Maddison Beck. Yours?"

"Rick. Rick Grimes." He said shaking my hand.

"That's Glenn-" he said pointing to a Korean guy.

"Daryl-" he said pointing to an archer with an amazing winged vest.

"And that's Shane." I nodded.

"We gunna ask you some questions." Daryl said.

"Okay." They all nodded.

"How many Walkers have you killed?" I gave a confused look.

"How many off those things have you killed?" He asked.

"Too many to count." Rick nodded.

"How many people have you killed?" I gulped.

"5." They tensed up.

"They tried to rape me." Daryl looked at me.

"How experience are you with weapons?"

"I've been around guns and knife all my life..not the way I wanted to be around them though." I said whisper the rest of the sentence. But I think Daryl heard.

"You seem perfectly safe. You have a little boy that's what did you say 2 years old? We gunna have to take you in anyway." Rick said.

"Mason isn't my biological son. I saved him from dying from the Geeks."

"Well he's your son now, he talks and looks at you like your his actually son." Shane said. I smiled at the thought of having my own kid.

~~

"Mason?" I said walking over to Lori.

"Yes Mommy?" He said holding a toy truck.

"I'm going out to find my house okay?" He nodded and hugged my legs.

"Please be back." I picked him up.

"I always will come back for you." I said. Kissed him on the cheek then walked away.
----
Chap. One done~ word count:920