Chapter 4

Pushing through the crowd trying to keep up with the cloaked figure, everyone was pushing and rushing around trying to clean up.

"Hey stop!" yelling the cloaked figure turned around to face me. Stopping in my tracks silver eyes met my gold ones. Turning fast the figure darted down an alley way.

'Oh no you don't' mumbling to myself I reached the alley way and looked around. Damn where did he go. Feeling someone shove me into the wall I was turned around to once again meet a pair of beautiful silver eyes. The strength from this person was even more over powering than my own.

"I think you might want to back off a bit if you want to keep your stomach intact" looking down at my dagger that was placed between us he pulled away a little releasing his hold on me. Scanning his face as he had a 5 o'clock shadow that seems to have been growing the past few days. His strong cheek bones and chiseled jaw were strained and tired.

"Why are you following me" looking into my eyes his voice was hard and deep. It was smooth and melodic to my ears but even though it sounded overly soothing it was very cold. Feeling rage well up inside me I glared at this abdominal man.

"They were after you! Weren't they. That is why you ran I saw you the entire time...you could've" snapping his head towards me he narrowed his silver eyes at me. Shoving his hands on either side of my head he caged me in against the wall of the building.

"I could have what! Gotten you all slaughtered? Yeah ok. By me keeping quiet I saved your lives" scoffing I looked to the side and then back at him.

"Saved our lives you caused all this, who are you anyway!" saying it a bit too loudly he placed his hand over my mouth.

"Can you keep it down and do you always ask this many damn questions geez" taking off his hood he looked at me. Honestly I wish he had put it back on because his appearance is very distracting. His dark wavy brown hair fell in his eyes slightly and he stood taller than I realized. His broad shoulders and muscular arms tensed slightly at my gaze. Taking his cloak completely off, he dropped it to the ground and fixed the leather bands on his wrist.

His eyes then fixed on me as if he was trying to figure something out. Narrowing my eyes at him I turned my gaze away from him. Coughing I tried to clear the air.

"Are you going to look at me all day or will you answer my damn questions already" snapping at him he rolled his eyes.

"I don't know I guess you will have to find out now won't you. Goodbye" picking up his things he started to walk out of the alley way into the sun. Gaping I chased after him.

"Seriously your just going to walk away after all this, why won't you answer me dammit!" looking at his back he kept on walking. Getting frustrated I grabbed his arm and turned him towards me.

"Hey silver eyes I am talking to you" grabbing my wrist as he turned around he looked at me coldly.

"Don't call me that and fine you want to know who I am? My name is Alec Convel and I am looking for someone. So if you don't mind I don't want to be bothered with a little girl trying to find a person to blame for her little lovers death. The only one to blame is yourself when you threw down your blade." Feeling as is someone took a sword to my gut, I slapped him across the face.

"How dare you and yes I am to blame I won't deny that. But if you must know he wasn't my lover anymore, but yes I still cared deeply for him and his blood will always be on my hands. So don't act all high a mighty since you are the reason they came here in the first place" rage seethed from my voice as I saw him staring at me. But instead of the cold look I was expecting I saw a sign of respect and pity.