chapter 37

Alec screamed as if he was in agony. All I could see was the now servant like fox creature laughing as Alec body became engulfed in a weird mark.

I've seen Alec transform once before but nothing like this. I wanted to run to him. Feeling a hand restraining me Dorinda shook her head no telling me to stay put.

Looking back at Alec panic filled my body as his began to transform. Silver strands of light poured from his skin, while black encompassed his body.

His eyes were no longer blue or gold but an electric silver, two tails waved back and forth, but what took me by surprised was half his body was engulfed in a silver flame. The wolf before me looked more like a demon.

The word slipped out of my mouth and his face shot to look at me. The mark consumed the part of his body that had no flame, his paws looked larger and sharper. Every step he took a white flame shot from under his foot.

"This is his true form. The cursed prince of the wolf clan. Nor wolf, human, or demon" I looked at Dorinda then back to Alec.

"How I mean why?" Dorinda grew pained as she closed her eyes.

"The wolf clan was one of the first besides the king to turn to darkness." Hearing a laughter echo through the cavern the thing Alec called Ahlizar looked excited.

"What a magnificant beast you are. The only one of its kind" feeling a sickening feeling in my stomach I felt my eyes drift back to Alec.

"Leave him alone Ahlizar" yelling I yanked myself free. For soem reason inside myself I felt this stirring emotion. It wasnt anger, it wasnt panic, it was love.

Stopping in my tracks my body felt like it had been kicked as images from the night of the attack on my grandfather appeared in my mind.

Alec spoke to a being not of this world she was beautiful.

"Ahhh yes the queen how wonderful. Her last bit of strength used to seal off all emotions of love. Alec you did such a bad thing to the poor girl" feeling as if I had been kicked in the stomach Alec turned to me and whimpered. His wolf was still trying to reach me.

"What what is he talking about how..." Alec closed his eyes and before I knew it Ahlizar and Alec were in a full on battle.

"Yes you cursed prince! Show her who you really are. A cold blooded murder who slaughtered villages and even killed your own mother!"

"Stop it!!!" Alec screamed and flames flew around him.

"Get inside now or we will all die" Dorinda tugged on my arm as I screamed for him. Everyone rushed inside the cavern while Roarick put up barrier.

My body shook, my head rang, all I could feel was Alecs pain. Getting out of the room Alec and Ahlizar were still battling, but before I could reach Alec. Ahlizar plunged a sharp object into Alecs side. Blood flowed from the wound as Alec soon began to transform back. He turned to look at me like it was the last time.

"I'm sorry Effie" Alec smiled softly.

"Nooo!!!" Screaming I raced forward as Alecs body fell into the cavern below. My body glowed, my anger raged, as Ahlizar looked at me in fear.

"You are the true light of Farlon" before I knew it my body released and Ahlizar was no where to be found. Before anyone could stop me I dived into the dark waters to find and save Alec.

"Alec! Alec!" Screaming I searched and searched until a large claw plucked me out of the water and brought me back onto the ship. My heart felt like it shattered.

"He cant be dead Dorinda it just cant be" Dorinda held me close as Drake moved the ship once again.